The Account Manager manages a significant customer base and/or prospect accounts to provide World Class Service fulfilling customer specific and strategic goals.
Supervisor: Director of Business Development
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains professional sales relationships representing our growers and developing trade in accordance with the organizations sales and strategic plans.
- Conducts regular market updates for entire business on the competitive conditions, retail displays, pricing and anything new in the market place for regions served.
- Participates in sales calls, schedules promotional volumes and prices, monitors sales to identify opportunities in accordance with sales and strategic plans.
- Proposes customer visit schedule with meeting purpose and agendas to advance relationships.
- Executes against sales plans by customer including product quantity, fob price objectives, ad or promotional target periods, weekly sales planner with volume and price objectives, budget customer visits, special programs or marketing tactics planned to earn loyalty and achieve goals.
- Needs to be the content expert in his/her market and identify opportunities for growth and recommend tactics to achieve goals and prospective new accounts to management.
- Accountable for accurate order entry (including quantity, price, product, customer, ship to, delivery instructions and any special instructions) into company system and, if needed, the customer system, and to monitor status of orders up until confirmed received and/or cancelled.
- Responsible to cooperate with accounting department to assure prompt collection of assigned account receivables, and ultimately responsible for the collection of all funds.
- Actions and activity fosters World Class Service in customer relationships and market leadership.
- Provides backup as needed to other Account Managers during their absence.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prefer minimum ten years in fresh produce sales with established contacts and good reputation. Berry Sales and/or extensive Organic produce sales a plus.
- Ability to act independently and make competent decisions without supervision.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and SAP helpful
- Individual must be detail oriented and an effective communicator to others.
- Team player striving for the benefit of the team.
- Available after hours
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.