JOB TITLE: Industrial Refrigeration-Ammonia Manager
LOCATION: Salinas, CA
A fresh vegetable pre-cooling refrigeration company is seeking highly motivated, hands on, self-starter general manger. This position requires basic knowledge of mechanical and/or refrigeration equipment. Leadership and organization to approve work orders, managing shop inventory, and directing 3-5 technicians is required for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Basic mechanical and refrigeration equipment
- Understand concepts of refrigeration and electrical principles
- Attend facility audits conducted by the county and customers.
- Attend all trainings and seminars relating to refrigeration compliance.
- Work with current staff, engineers and county auditors to understand current, new and future changes with government compliance.
- Responsible for organizing, managing and maintaining current documentation for refrigeration equipment to present to county, state and federal auditors.
- Direct and supervise 3-5 technicians including but not exclusive to refrigeration repair and maintenance
- Manage refrigeration maintenance schedules
- Manage and responsible for mobile refrigeration equipment transitions to seasonal districts
- Based in Salinas CA with occasional travel to Oxnard, El Centro/Brawley CA, Yuma AZ, and Mexico (approximately 1-7 days at a time for each site)
- Organize and maintain county, state and federal compliances
- Manage shop inventory
- Approve work orders and invoicing
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Full time, including Saturdays (some Sundays)
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.