JV Smith Companies is expanding their California operations and is looking for a Senior Accountant for their Salinas based farming companies.
Strong Senior Accountant with hands-on experience preferably from Agriculture industry. The ideal candidate will have an Accounting Degree with strong Excel skills and be competitive in meeting deadlines for month end close. The Accountant reports to the Corporate Controller and is responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining the day-to-day accounting functions, accruals, financial statement preparation, and performing general accounting functions, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Proficient in accounting software (3 years minimum experience)
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- 3-5 years Full Charge Bookkeeping experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, team player office environment
- Ability to interface well with staff and external contacts
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
Send resumes below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.