Renee's Garden is an established, upscale, wholesale garden seed packet company. Our two brands of garden flower, gourmet vegetable and culinary herb seeds are sold to independent garden centers in the US and Canada and we have an active consumer web site at www.reneesgarden.com.
We are seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager at our sales office in Felton, CA. This position works closely with the company owner, warehouse staff in Colorado, trial garden manager and administration staff in Felton. Must be organized, pay great attention to details, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Microsoft Office experience is necessary and Excel is used extensively.
Some travel is required to develop and maintain excellent vendor and warehouse relationships. Experience and/or desire to constantly build knowledge base of the seed industry. USDA/APHIS and NOP knowledge is helpful.
This is a full-time, salary position with some schedule flexibility. Benefits include health insurance, PTO, 401K and profit sharing.
Some specific job responsibilities include:
- Forecast and determine inventory needs for each sales season in collaboration with business managers. Responsible for developing finished goods forecast which drives purchase requirements for raw materials.
- Function as a liaison between the company and its suppliers for all sourcing and procurement related correspondence (i.e. quotes, purchase orders, contracts, discrepancies, etc.)
- Source product and purchase materials to ensure effective receipt with respect to timeliness, quality, and cost, in accordance with the business plan. Manage costs while maintaining product quality – we are a premium brand.
- Maintain inventory database, i.e. create assemblies, item numbers, etc.
- Manage inventory allocation, reuse and disposal.
- Negotiate and monitor shipping rates with common carriers.
- Product Development – collaborate with Product Manager to bring new products to market.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed – please tell us about yourself and why you are a qualified candidate. Excellent references will be required at time of interview. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.