Title: Grower Accountant
Location: Salinas, California
Reports to: Grower Accounting Manager
Date of Opening: Immediately
The primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Handle grower agreements, which may include processing payments, running weekly reports, and summarizing end of season growing cost.
- Perform period end closing procedures, including monthly accruals, journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate and detailed growing cost expenses by crop/growing location and analyze variances to budget.
- Run weekly processes regarding closing planting work orders and lost cartons provided by Harvest Supervisors.
- Review and balance weekly grower reports for accuracy.
- Manage cash flow payments for multiple growing locations.
- Provide accounting, financial and systems support.
- Communicate with operational managers, department and Company colleagues as needed to resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with projects as assigned by the Grower Accounting Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Training and/or Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent field and 3+ years of accounting experience in the Agriculture industry preferred.
- A combination of relevant work experience and/or training may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, colleagues, etc.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry (e.g., fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions) to practical situations.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Be able to independently manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple people’s demands with limited supervision. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be proactive and detail oriented and able to identify areas where methods or procedures can be improved.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office (in particular, Excel), database software and queries; JDE Edwards or ERP Systems experience preferred.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position performs the duties in an office environment, where the employee will sit at a desk and operate a computer, and keyboard; hear; talk; stand; walk; have visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer.
- This position requires the ability to work well under pressure situations and to meet established deadlines. This position may require working outside of normal business hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.