J & J Family of Farms has a passion for Produce! Our Process Certified growers provide our customers premium quality produce “Fresh from our Farms Daily”. We are Locally Grown, but Nationally Known! Delivering produce at the peak of freshness to national retailers, food service operators, consumers and chefs.
Founded in Florida over 30 years ago, J & J Family of Farms has grown from a regional distributor to a best in class grower/shipper of mixed vegetables with a national sales footprint. Our Family of Farms are strategically located throughout the United States, Mexico and the Dominican Republic. Our promise to you is that our Family of Farms are committed to the highest standards of food safety, social responsibility and environmental stewardship. Come join the team and Catch the Trophy Experience!
Title: Commodity Sales Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Senior VP of Sales
Job Summary: The Commodity Sales Manager (CSM) will direct, coordinate, monitor and manage the movement of product from grower and vendor sources. CSM will manage their commodities to maximize sales and gross profit to our growing customer base and to maximize profitability in-line with company vision and values. The Commodity Sales Manager will ultimately be responsible for the timely and efficient service to all customers for their respective commodities.
- Manage and develop customer relationships for all products the company sells.
- Manage and develop vendor relationships.
- Is accountable for and drives commodity sales goals and profitability.
- Ensures that all product in their line of commodities is sold.
- Develop accurate daily commodity supply forecasts and ensures prompt and efficient communication of supply from growers and vendors for their commodity.
- Works with account managers to set pricing for, confirm volume and execute on ad, contract and promotional commitments for their respective commodities.
- Works with other departments to maximize returns to grower partners and sales of purchased product.
- Manages limited supply situations to ensure prioritized customers are satisfied
- Assists to improve the effectiveness of the team and company.
- Monitors and analyzes inventories to determine how to increase turns, reduce waste, and optimize our Customer Driven mission.
- Manages activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, inventory level planning and warehousing to maximize profit opportunities regardless of market volatility.
- Work with Sales, Operations and Transportation to develop a plan to facilitate efficient transitions from growing regions and warehouses.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Assists in helping control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics.
- Coordinate daily pack style plan with Supply Chain Coordinator and Commodity Coordinators
- Coordinate daily purchases for responsible products with Supply Chain Coordinator and Commodity Coordinators
- Accountable for maximizing customer specific budgeted revenue and profit objectives
- Experience with red and yellow bell pepper, also wet-veg (cabbage/corn/radish/etc.)
- Adhere to Company Food Safety Requirements in selecting vendor sources.
- Ability to forecast supply and demand in 3, 7 and 60 day increments for their commodities.
- 5 years of commodityexperience. Commodity experience should include knowing varieties, variety specific attributes, growing regions including imports and a willingness for continuous learning.
Collaborative and solutions-driven problem solver
Understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
Ability to understand and learn product-specific agronomics
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Vendor Relationship Management.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and large complex organizations.
Must follow all instruction related to Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Agricultural Practices and HACCP programs. Must report to the Director of Food Safety or their direct supervisor any problem or irregular situation related to food safety.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
Typical Physical Demands: Regular use of hands to manipulate phones and computer key board. Sit and stand to do clerical work. Occasionally lift and move office supplies up to 15 pounds.
Typical Work Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. Employee frequently interacts directly with staff members during the workday.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisor or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description.The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice (subject to applicable laws).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.