- Provides a single point of focus for large customers that have complex structures and the need for continual communication touch-points; works closely with the CS Director and upper management
- Anticipates and troubleshoots customer issues, analyzes situations within changing seasonal produce conditions
- Problem-solves quickly, utilizing data, market trends and customer needs
- Oversees accurate and timely credits, rejections and protections
- Identifies and resolves transportation and dispatch issues
- Engages in management-level conference calls to set price templates; explains them to members and reconciles accounting issues with speed and accuracy
- Performs rotating on-call problem-resolution duties as a Markon management representative in off-hour situations, recognizing time-constraints that to be addressed with shippers and produce life
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in all duties performed
- Models leadership and best practices in all work
- Any combination of education and experience that provide the skills needed to successfully complete the essential functions; typically, through a Bachelors or Associates degree and 2-3 years of produce industry purchasing or sales experience.
- Strong computer skills, including database, Excel, Outlook and ability to learn new programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer service skills
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems independently and with sound judgment
- Consistently demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and dependability in a fast paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility, enthusiasm and team work
- Ability to be on-call, after hours 1-3 days per month and work some Saturdays (on-call pay provided)
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits package. This is a full-time, exempt position. Employer subsidized health, vision and dental insurance effective on the first of the month following hire. PTO accrual and paid holidays from date of hire. Additional benefits include 401K, Bonuses, and Wellness options.
Please submit a resume with cover letter to Bianca Adams McCauley, Human Resources Manager
MARKON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.