Packaging Machine Operator
Reports to: Production Manager
Summary: Tends machine that performs one or more packaging functions such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, tying, packing, or wrapping containers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
- Stops machine and reports malfunction to supervisor.
- Makes minor adjustments or repairs such as opening valves, changing forming and cutting dies, setting guides, or clearing away damaged product bags.
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as plastic film.
- Mounts supplies on spindles or places supplies in hopper or other feeding devices.
- Attaches information on container such as lot number or product number etc.
- Moves controls on machine to adjust temperature, pressure, and time cycle.
- Loads feeding mechanism with rolls of plastic material.
- Verify correct and complete labeling being printed.
Education and/or Experience
Required: 1 year or more experience in Packaging Machine Operating within a produce processing plant or related manufacturer.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Team player who will exceed assigned responsibilities and assist others to reach objectives
- Native intellectual curiosity and mental stamina
- Willingness and ability to work occasional long and sometimes irregular hours including working night shifts, weekends and holiday hours.
- Able to travel/relocate to and from Yuma, AZ as required
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to a cold (34-36 degrees F) and wet manufacturing environment, the smell of chlorine and ammonia, outside weather conditions, uneven walking surfaces, heavy machinery, forklift traffic and loud noise.
Physical Job Description
Typical Working Conditions: (Describe environment including exposure to heat, cold, fumes, chemicals, allergens, mold, etc.)
Típicas Condiciones de Trabajo
( Describe ambiente incluyendo, expuesto a caliente, frió, químicos, alergénicos, etc.
Cold working environment – between 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit, working in wet condition. Minimum exposure to bleach and ammonia fumes.
Ambiente frió temperaturas entre 34 a 40 grados Fahrenheit, trabajando en condiciones húmedas con un mínimo de exposición al cloro y amoniaco.
Equipment Used: (List all manual and automated equipment used in the course of performing essential functions.)
Equipo que utilice:
( Lista de todos los equipos manuales y automáticos que utilizaras en el transcurso se su día de trabajo)
Plastic sleeves, plastic apron, bump cap, hair net, back support, smock, gloves, and overshoes and if necessary coveralls.
Mangas de plástico, mandil de plástico, mallas para el pelo, faja (solo si necesario), bata, guantes, sobre-zapato (solo si no se tiene zapatos diseñados para trabajar en pisos resbalosos) y si es necesario deberán usar overol
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.