Position Title: Sales Claims Analyst
Employment Status: Full-time –Non-Exempt
The Sales Claims Analyst is responsible for preparing sales adjustments, manages TBA’s (to be adjusted), and overall provides support to other departments in sales, field, and accounting.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
The Sales Analyst reports to the VP of Sales and is responsible for preparing sales adjustments, manages TBA’s, resolve EDI & I-trade issues, and provides support to the various salespersons. Providing these services (see below) in an effective and efficient manner will ensure accuracy of customer accounts and the Company’s financial statements and provide support on the day-to-day operations of the sales department.
- Responsible for preparing all customer sales adjustments approved by sales and accounting management
- Manages TBA’s – reviews and resolves customer deductions or over/short payments.
- Manages and recaps all rejected and troubled orders and regions including recap of trouble files in Excel.
- Provides sales and field departments the weekly trouble recap
- Maintains the EDI customers and updates new products/codes in the EDI system including auditing and resolving of EDI and I-trade errors
- Assists in reviewing AR, Trade aging and resolving any discrepancies on a regular basis including RC charges, bad debt write offs, and bad debt allowance
- Provides internal and external reporting as needed or requested
- Support other departments in sales, field, coolers, and accounting as needed
- Assists in answering in-coming calls for sales
- Provides cross-functional backup to other accounting functions
- Provides support in educating or cross training of other staff to improve understanding and/or implement standards and procedures
- Assists on various internal and external audits
- Ensures sales service files are clean, organized, up-to-date, and assists in the file set up and transfers at the end of each season/year
- Assists in special projects
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Collaborate with Sales Service Specialist
- Regular attendance and promptness are required
- AA or AS degree in Accounting or equivalent, preferred
- 3-5 years sales service experience in agriculture, preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrate a strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with highly diverse workforce
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment
- Discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented, and ability to multi-task with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality and accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Must be available to work Saturdays
- Must be able to adapt to the culture in the sales environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time to perform duties. Also required is the ability to walk around and make inquiries from other staff, management, etc. Must be able to bend or stoop down to access file cabinets including lifting of items or objects up to 10 pounds.
Position Reports To: Anthony Gallino - VP of Sales
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.