The ‘General Farm Mechanic’ conducts general farm repairs on a variety of agricultural implements, machinery, and vehicles. These general farm repairs require the ability to weld and utilize a variety of tools as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Experience as a farm mechanic is a plus; however, experience in the ag industry is a must.
The ‘General Farm Mechanic’ must be capable of coming up with solutions to problems on the fly without blueprints and must be capable of working with little to no supervision.
Must be bilingual, punctual, and honest.
The position is based out of the Company Shop located in Oxnard, CA but the General Farm Mechanic will be required to travel to various jobsites within Ventura County using the company vehicle he is assigned.
2 | MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
• Uphold the Company’s safety commitment & requirements
• Perform repairs with limited departmental supervision
• Fix tractors and other farming implements & machinery
• Determine overall condition of machines through inspections and provide maintenance
• Diagnose issues with hydraulic and electrical systems
• Restore equipment to working order through component replacement and/or repair
• Exhibit positive and effective communication and interaction with other associates, vendors, and
• Work inside the company shop located in Oxnard and on various company farms within Ventura
County as necessary
• Work overtime as required by workload and customer need
• Operate vehicles, heavy equipment, implements, & misc. machinery safely between work areas
• Follow directions as given; follow company policies and procedures
• Participate in safety and/or educational training as required
• Perform work area and equipment safety inspections
• Fill out company paperwork regarding repairs and inspections
• Keep a clean workspace
3 | ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports directly to COO of company
• Pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests
• Be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned
• Must be able to lift 100 lbs. unassisted
• Must be capable of kneeling, bending, stooping, and standing for prolonged periods of time while
performing maintenance duties
Job Description: General Farm Mechanic Human Resources - 04/2018
- Medical Insurance coverage for employee with buy-up options for dependent coverage
- Dental Insurance coverage for employee with buy-up options for dependent coverage
- 401(K) retirement plan with company matching, starts after 1 year of employment
- 2 weeks paid vacation for the first 5 years of employment, 3 weeks paid vacation beginning year 6
- 3 days Paid Sick Leave (PSL) per year after 90 days of employment
- Company cellphone
- Company vehicle
- Life insurance
- 6 paid holidays per year: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, & Christmas
HOURS & WORKDAYS:
The days and hours for this position will vary and be based on the AF Wage Order which is subject to 10 hours a
day and up to 60 hours per week. The hours are subject to change depending on the weather/season.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the
employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Job Location: Ventura County, California
Employment Status: Full time Employment
Monthly Salary Range: Varies
Required language: English & Spanish Required
Pay Rate: Starting wage will be determined
based on Previous experience and
Shifts/ Hours: Vary by mission requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.