JOB TITLE: RANCH MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: WINTERHAVEN/ EAST IMPERIAL VALLEY
REPORTS TO: RANCH UNIT DIRECTOR
Manage farming operations in Winterhaven/East Imperial Valley.
- Four year college degree in a related major preferred but not required in lieu of direct experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of farm management experience required, including the supervision of labor and direct involvement in the business side of the industry.
- Position requires employee to live and work in Yuma, Imperial Valley or immediate surrounding area.
- The successful candidate must have strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.
- Must be computer literate.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean DMV driving record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen, physical, and functional capacity evaluation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for leading, implementing and continually supporting our company and divisional values and strategy. Responsible for ranch profitability, regulatory compliance, employee development, product quality, ranch stewardship and ongoing development of best practices. Manage all aspects of farming conventional and/or organic vegetable crops in the Winterhaven and East Imperial Valley ranches. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing ground preparation, planting, irrigation, fertilization and coordination of harvesting. Responsible for best in class equipment maintenance, employee training and stewardship. Responsible for creating, implementing and performing to strict input schedules to ensure best practices in resource planning, resource sharing and inter-departmental communication for the purpose of best in class efficiency and utilization of crews and equipment. All other duties as directed by Ranch Unit Director. Weekend work will be required during certain seasons.
Continuous use of both hands; including grasping, pulling and pushing. Sight, hearing, lifting, standing, climbing stairways, climbing up cat walks, climbing on and off farm equipment, walking and balancing both feet on even and uneven surfaces, bending, twisting, crawling, stooping, kneeling, reaching forward, reaching overhead, reaching below shoulder, wrist turning, neck turning. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
STARTING WAGE: D.O.E.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.