Forecast and place orders for all potato products using the customer’s mainframe computer system. Perform routine maintenance, data entry, and other tasks associated with the assigned customer base. Follow existing business plan and assist the Team Leader in continually refining the program. Consult with Sales Manager, Sales Staff, Operations and administration.
- General knowledge of potato and onion markets.
- Understanding of the retail sales and advertising process for produce.
- Above average computer skills – experience in IBM mainframe applications helpful.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to take the lead on solving problems between customers, co-packers, and employees.
- Strong analytical thinking skills and the ability to make clear, reasoned judgments.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Team player - results oriented.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Successfully perform purchasing duties for multiple distribution centers with minimal shortages or overages in inventory. Monitor inventory for each DC daily - including weekends.
- Manage carrier base
- Maintain competitive freight rates year-round
- Ensure complete carrier coverage during normal business as well as AD periods
- Track truck progress and loading/unloading appointments - Monitor daily deliveries
- Work closely with the customer to strengthen the potato category and assist produce team
- Provide AD costing and weekly product cost
- Provide input on supply and year-round AD calendar
- Provide input on merchandising and category mix
- Develop understanding of wholesale produce purchasing, warehouse processes and procedures, retail pricing, and shrink control.
- Work with retail customers to maximize sales and maintain high service levels.
- Monitor regional market pricing to insure our customers are priced correctly.
- Resolve all claims or problem orders in an efficient and speedy manner at the receiver’s dock and expedite the settlement process of files on hold.
- Oversee the collection of accounts receivable to remain within acceptable time frames.
- Control expenses and operate within budget.
- Carry out any special assignments upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.