Job Title: Senior Accounting Manager
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Key team player in the management of the accounting function within the organization. This includes the direct supervision of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and banking. This position focus is upon computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate. This position is responsible for the integrity of financial records and reports
ESSENTIAL FUNCITONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the Accounting Department (A/P, A/R, G/L) to make sure all transactions are recorded correctly and posted to the appropriate G/L account, contract and cost center and conform with company guidelines and GAAP
- Works with other departments and locations to ensure proper flow of information as needed to support General Ledger integrity
- Prepares and posts month-end closing entries and allocations
- Reconciles Balance Sheet Accounts including Bank Reconciliations
- Assists in the coordination and completion of the monthly and annual financial close including reporting
- Assists in various financial and operational accounting duties, reviews and analysis activities
- Prepares all quarterly and year end payroll tax reports
- Maintains and records fixed asset acquisitions, dispositions and depreciation
- Recommends, prepares, implements and monitors policies and procedures to support appropriate internal controls
- Develops, coaches and manages team of accounting personnel
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory and management experience required
Fixed asset experience a plus
MS Navision ERP experience a plus but not required
Advanced experience in Excel required
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Proficiency in English required; Spanish speaking/comprehension skills highly desired
Agricultural experience a plus
Strong attention to detail and a strong desire to take on new job tasks or responsibilities
Demonstrated capacity for initiating process and other improvements
Knowledge of office methods, practices, and equipment; knowledge of spreadsheets, company accounting software, word processing, initiative to develop new procedures to make A/P work processes more efficient; Computer literate in Microsoft office, i.e. Word, Excel; 10-key by touch; ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BA or BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, demonstrated managerial ability, agricultural accounting a plus; or an equivalent combination of experience (10 years plus) education, training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position.
Proficiency in English (spoken and written); basic Spanish desired. Must be capable of effectively communicating with customers, vendors, co-workers, and shareholders.
Sitting for prolonged periods of time (90 % of the time)
Light to moderate lifting (up to 25 pounds)
Reaching, stooping, pulling, pushing and manual dexterity
Operating a computer, calculator, copier, and typewriter involving repetitive hand arm movements
Entering data by touch requires the ability to hear computer alarms for errors
Excellent vision with or without corrective lenses
Must be able to multi-task within a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to deal politely with all departments and outside vendors. Communication with other staff members involves making contact orally via the telephone or in person.
We offer competitive salary based on experience and excellent benefits package, which includes; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.