Human Resource Administrative Assistant
We are seeking a qualified person to assist our HR department with administrative duties requiring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Primary duties for this position require experience with payroll, on-boarding, administrative support, and maintaining a compliant and organized HRIS. Additional HR experience will be considered a plus.
A qualified individual will have verifiable work experience performing HR Administrative duties, be able to demonstrate their attention to detail in how they respond to this job posting, and can easily describe how their qualifications relate to this position.
If you consider yourself a cheerful, people-person with high standards for quality work, accuracy, organization, and detail; send your cover letter and resume below.
Please see the following job description to better understand the position we are seeking to fill.
POSITION TITLE: Human Resource Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Automated Harvesting Human Resource Manager
BASIC FUNCTION: The Human Resource Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for on-boarding, off- boarding, administrative support, and weekly payroll for all hourly employees; including a variety of administrative tasks related to these functions and other HR projects as needed.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- On-board all new hires per company procedure and enter data into HRIS systems
- Create and maintain employee’s personal & medical hard copy files
- Prepare new-hire packets and lay-off / termination packets
- Collect employee timecards and communicate with supervisors re: timecard errors/issues
- Enter timecard data into payroll system accurately and efficiently
- Manage hourly employee payroll to ensure compliance and timely payroll reporting
- Maintain accurate and organized HR information system records per company procedures
- Maintain employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies
- Assist HR Manager with new hire orientations and other training sessions as needed
- Collect, organize and file all employee signed orientation & safety training documents
- Organize, copy, collate, distribute and file other documents as needed
- Assist HR Manager with workers' compensation case file creation and maintenance
- Assist HR Manager to organize annual Health Insurance open enrollment communication and election process
- Assist HR Manager with all other HR duties and projects as needed
- Act as the first point of contact and an employee relations representative when needed
- Follow and assist others to follow all company policies and procedures
- Report all injuries to supervisor immediately regardless of how slight they might seem
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bilingual REQUIRED – ability to read, write, and speak both English & Spanish
- Ability to travel with the company between Salinas, CA. and Yuma, AZ.
- Human Resource Experience: Must have experience in Payroll, New Hire On-boarding, Administrative Support, Electronic HRIS & Hard Copy Filing systems. All other HR experience will be considered a plus
- Must be willing to take direction and follow HR department procedures
- Must be detail oriented, organized, efficient and place a high value on accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly; including professional email correspondence
- Understand and practice confidentiality in all HR functions
- Capable of working independently and know when to ask questions
- Flexible with changing schedules, multiple priorities, and unexpected events
- Professionally motivated to always do the best one can do
- Consistent, dependable, focused and teamwork oriented
- Willing to learn and take on new duties
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
Automated Harvesting LLC provides a high quality, cost effective harvesting solution utilizing the most efficient harvesting practices, while challenging the common conventions and industry norms of harvesting through automation, robotics and innovation.
Our operations are year-round, harvesting in California in the summer and Arizona during the winter season. The target goal of the company is to harvest the highest quality vegetables while utilizing the most ergonomic and effective automated harvesting equipment available.
We are a progressive company that believes in management through empowerment. We encourage responsible autonomy, creative thinking, and team work to achieve our goals. We offer a competitive salary range and a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), long & short-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, per diem in Yuma, a variety of employee incentive programs, and a bonus plan based on company profitability. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.