Automated Harvesting LLC is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the team as the Food Safety Coordinator. The Food Safety Coordinator will primarily be responsible but not limited to: enforcing the company’s food safety policies, conducting employee trainings and conducting internal inspections. This individual will follow-up on customer complaints to ensure timely reporting and accuracy with harvesting activities and documentation.
If you are a motivated individual who is enthusiastic and passionate about food safety and the ag industry then, this is your opportunity to join our Automated Harvesting team! To apply, please send your cover letter and resume below.
Please see below for details on job description and requirements.
POSITION TITLE: Food Safety Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Automated Harvesting Food Safety Manager
BASIC FUNCTION: The Food Safety Coordinator will spend the majority of his/her time inspecting field activities, performing risk assessments, supervising the sanitation crew, and assisting in preparation with food safety audits.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform risk assessments and internal inspections on harvest activities and report to Food Safety Manager.
- Schedule and perform food safety testing and sampling as needed
- Supervise company’s sanitation crew to ensure proper equipment cleaning and sanitation
- Inspect various food safety program elements for effectiveness
- Identify issues and perform corrective action plans.
- Assess all types of risks including harvesting equipment, food contact surfaces, environmental concerns, human contact, and general harvest and sanitation processes
- Investigate all food safety related customer commodity rejections; recommend and/or coordinate corrective actions
- Train sanitation crew to correctly follow Food Safety SSOP’s, and Critical Control Point procedures.
- Conduct weekly Food Safety/Safety tailgate trainings with crews to promote safe work environment.
- Report all injuries to Food Safety Manager and HR immediately regardless of how slight they might seem, and ensure that the sanitation team reports injuries immediately
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Ability to travel with the company from Salinas, CA. to Yuma, AZ.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to complete detailed forms and reports.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to manage priorities, workflow, and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary to work outdoors in heat or cold and wet environments
- Knowledge of all aspects of agriculture procedures and positions
- Ability to interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies
- Must be willing to work any schedule (weekends and OT may be required)
Automated Harvesting LLC provides a high quality, cost effective harvesting solution utilizing the most efficient harvesting practices, while challenging the common conventions and industry norms of harvesting through automation, robotics and innovation.
Our operations are year-round, harvesting in California in the summer and Arizona during the winter season. The target goal of the company is to harvest the highest quality vegetables while utilizing the most ergonomic and effective automated harvesting equipment available.
We are a progressive company that believes in management through empowerment. We encourage responsible autonomy, creative thinking, and team work to achieve our goals. We offer a competitive salary range and a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), long & short-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, per diem in Yuma, a variety of employee incentive programs, and a bonus plan based on company profitability.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.