BGNA is a variety management company focusing on acquiring, evaluating and commercializing citrus and other subtropical varieties in North America and Mexico. The company is headquartered in Bakersfield, California.
The Program Manager will be managing the day to day technical operations of the company related to the new variety introductions into the USA, establishing varieties in trial blocks, evaluation of performance, rolling out new varieties to growers and following field performance.
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual looking at embarking on a career in agriculture and consolidating the business of Biogold in the USA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and expanding all evaluation sites
- Documenting all varieties and collecting data
- Compiling of variety reports
- Strategic input into variety acquisition, sourcing, etc.
- Liaise with outside vendors (CCPP, growers, nurseries, breeders, etc.)
- Compiling and maintenance of database of BGNA commercial variety roll-out (geo-mapping)
- Introducing new selections as recommended based on a proper business plan, where applicable
- Investigating opportunities in other fruit/nut crops
- Maintaining a confidential database of existing contracts
- Reviewing and commenting on the Company's new contracts
- Coordinate patent applications, maintain patent data base, ensuring legal compliance for the Company regarding patents, etc
- Budgeting and management of accounts (invoicing, etc) as may be required
- Providing such other and further duties as the Company may from time to time require.
- B.S. Degree or equivalent is required
- Master's Degree is preferred
- Prior Horticultural experience is a recommendation
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
For telephonic enquiries, please call (661) 337-0860
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.