Overview of Job Functions
- Supervision of contract labor and completion of labor reports.
- Maintain seed cage houses, ATI home farm seed production increases and genetic purity grow out trials.
- Maintain ATI Home Farm grounds.
- Maintain ATI farm machinery.
- Assist in managing seed productions with outside growers.
Primary Role Details
Supervision of contract labor both on company premises and at outside grower locations.
ATI home farm and production maintenance.
The employee will plant, irrigate, fertilize and maintain seed crops.
Construct and maintain cage house productions.
Responsible for the appropriate and safe spraying of pesticides on ATI home farm crops.
Will be responsible for seed harvesting operations of both cage and open field seed increases on the ATI farm.
Oversee weed control on the company grounds and perimeter.
Maintenance of company field equipment.
Includes tractors, cultivators, rototillers, combines. All farming and seed production related equipment to be maintained.
This includes regularly scheduled maintenance as well as preventative maintenance and documentation. Regularly checking of machinery for issues and arranging for repairs as necessary.
Establish a written maintenance schedule for machinery.
Follow all company safety rules and ensure correct use of company equipment.
Organize and keep clean the shop/barn area. Spot potential hazards and implement safety procedures.
Assist Production Department in managing and maintenance of outside seed crops as required.
This will include seeding, transplanting, roguing, plant manipulation and harvesting of seed increases.
Transportation of seed production equipment to and from field locations.
Other duties may be assigned to complete the production of crops.
- High School Diploma required, AA or AS in Ag Mechanics/Plant Science desirable.
- Ability to operate farm machinery including tractors, pressure washers air compressors, combines, and other forms of farming or seed cleaning related equipment.
- Basic mechanical skills required.
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs and walk distances in farm fields is required
- Knowledge of basic farming practices is a must.
- Forklift certification and Private Pesticide Applicators License will be required.
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish.
- Some travel may be required, primarily in the Western US.
- Reports to Seed Production Manager
- Valid CA Driver’s license and safe driving record
- US residency and qualified to legally work in the US is required
American Takii Inc is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.