SCOPE OF ROLE
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and, at all times, maintain a professional image that supports the Company’s values, image and goals. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- Responsible for product that is forced air cooled to optimum temperature.
- Rotate inventory as appropriate.
- Receive product that has been cooled in the Hydro-Vac into the cold room; offload product from transfer loads.
- Keep the cold room in an orderly appearance and cumulate partial pallets.
- Input data into Cooler Management System and fill out daily equipment check list.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Two years minimum experience in agriculture cooling, receiving and shipping is required; basic math and reading skills.
- Forklift certified and experienced is required.
- Able to correctly use the radio frequency hand held devices as required.
- Often standing, walking, turning, sitting, reaching, climbing stairs for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in an office and cooler environment with an average range between 33F and 110F degrees.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds without undue exertion; ability to communicate verbally and comprehend verbal instructions; requires sufficient sight and hearing to perform all job functions.
- Ability to carry out defined procedures and duties with specific instructions and learn new duties with minimal repetition; ability to manage a project from its initiation to completion with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, peers, supervisors, vendors and customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.