SCOPE OF ROLE
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and, at all times, maintain a professional image that supports the Company’s values, image and goals. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- Ice product (i.e. broccoli, sprouts, rappini, etc.);
- Blow ice into trailers;
- Monitor chlorine & citric acid levels;
- Rotate inventory;
- Input data into Cooler Management System;
- Keep icer clean and in working condition;
- Assist supervisor in maintenance of machinery;
- Build up pallets for dry loads;
- Fill out daily equipment check list;
- Monitor & change forklift batteries using hoist system as properly trained;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years minimum experience in Agriculture Cooling, Receiving and Shipping;
- Basic math and reading skills;
- Forklift certified and experienced;
- Able to correctly use radio frequency hand held devices.
- This position requires that employees work Monday through Saturday, including some Sundays;
- Ten hours per day or as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities;
- Travel may be required.
- Often standing, walking, turning, sitting, reaching, climbing stairs for long periods of time;
- Ability to work in an office and cooler environment with an average range between 33 and 110 degrees;
- Ability to lift 70 pounds without undue physical exertion;
- Ability to communicate verbally and comprehend verbal instructions;
- Requires sufficient sight and hearing to perform all job functions.
- Ability to carry out defined procedures and duties with specific instructions;
- Ability to learn new duties with minimal repetition;
- Strong interpersonal skills including; ability to maintain effective working relationships with Employees, Supervisors, Vendors and Customers.
- Ability to manage a project from its initiation to completion with minimal supervision.
Submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.