Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc. (AWG) is the nation's largest cooperative food wholesaler to independently owned supermarkets, serving over 3,800 locations in more than half of the states in the country from ten full-line wholesale Divisions. In addition to its' cooperative wholesale operations, the company also operates subsidiary companies which provide real estate and supermarket development services, retail accounting, digital marketing services, and is a wholesale supply provider of health and beauty care, general merchandise, specialty/international foods and pharmaceutical supply. If you have a passion for retail the the drive to succeed in a fast-paced industry, we can't wait for you to join the team! Make us your Best Choice!
Candidate will be responsible for generating orders and creating purchase orders and managing inventory for assiged commodities/categories for mulitple AWG divisions.
- Develop a network of local and F.O.B. suppliers, growers, and shippers who can provide the highest quality produce at a competitive price
- Manage Produce Inventory within division
- Ensure only quality product is received and shipped by AWG
- Provide weekly list of possible ad items to division Produce Sales Manager
- Be aware of special opportunities to purchase product that would lend itself to volume merchandising
- Provide weekly pricing information
- Assist in development of weekly produce bulletin to provide members with market product information, merchandising ideas, and other helpful information
- Develop program that permits AWG to meet turn needs as well as provide sufficient supply to fill orders
- Source "spot buy" items for members to help drive increments/sales and enhance gross profit
- Achieve targeted goals for sales, turns, service level & credits
- Check quality in warehouse when possible
- Communicate market conditions and changes regularly and on a timely basis with Produce Department
- Bachelor Degree or 5 years produce experience
- Produce Retail Experience/Buyer Training
- Product knowledge of produce items, accounting principles, communication skills
- Knowledge of warehouse functions, billing and receiving procedures
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Read and understand pertinent data
- Perform mathematical calculations
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.