Urban Remedy is looking for a dynamic, energetic and experienced Purchasing Manager who can help lead our supply chain in continuing to support our aggressive growth.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Purchasing Manager will utilize analytical, marketing, sales and buying knowledge to cost effectively source, contract and secure raw materials and packaging commodities in support of baseline business as well as new product innovations. This role is responsible forthedeliveryofpurchasedmaterialsto meet corporate sales demand.
Urban Remedy’s core values guide our team in representing Urban Remedy to our associates, vendors, customers, and the media. All employees are expected to embrace these core values as part of their daily work-life with Urban Remedy.
- Meet purchasing operational standards by contributing purchasing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying purchasing system improvements.
- Responsible for proactive communication between sales, demand planning, production scheduling and suppliers to ensure clear understanding, agreement, and communication of all supply requirements.
- Work with Quality Assurance personnel in updating quality standards, problem solving, and communicating conditions that affect quality in purchasing.
- Meet purchasing financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Participate in the development of specifications for products, supplies or substitute materials.
- Present comprehensive data to VP Operations for buying and contracting decisions; develop and maintain a network of approved vendors.
- Conduct regular Vendor performance reviews ensuring best value and service.
- Conduct “spend analysis,” identify over-purchases and look for cost savings opportunities.
Research, oversee and initiate vendor/supplier relationships and selections.
Negotiate, manage and coordinate vendor agreements.
Create and conduct cost analysis and savings on all projects
Manage and maintain Purchase Orders and all executing documents.
Mentor and train team members, ensuring the team is satisfactorily supported in their day-to-day work activities.
Continuous development of self and team members.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Position-Specific Skills Required
The ideal candidate:
- Embraces the values and mission of Urban Remedy.
- Demonstrates engagement in making the world a better place through sustainable business practices and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
- Can multi-task and provide timely feedback on all projects.
Leadership Skills Required
- Strong ability to collaborate and build internal and external relationships
- Robust leadership skills and proven experience in staff development
Technical Skills Required
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Great Plains experience or equivalent operating system such as SAP preferred
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Full knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices policies and procedures
BS or BA in Business, Purchasing, or Management preferred
5-7 years’ experience in procurement, strategic sourcing or supply chain within the food manufacturing industry
CPSM, APICS or Equivalent Designation encouraged
Experience buying and importing raw ingredients; understanding of SQF Certification requirements preferred
Background in scheduling, forecasting, procurement or planning preferred
Diverse Food Manufacturing/CPG background highly desirable
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position works in a standard office environment and requires extensive sitting, phone and computer work/ keyboarding. Limited to no travel required.
EXPECTATIONS & DEVELOPMENT
As a member of the Urban Remedy team we expect you to be accountable for your actions, to challenge existing processes and to grow both professionally and personally. This means having the willingness to claim 100% ownership for results, both individually and collectively with others and to “think outside of the box” when it comes to processes, policies, and strategies. It also requires seeking out new knowledge and skills and assisting others in growing similarly.
This job description is not designed to be all –inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.