ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list is not intended to be all inclusive)
- Manage and direct the daily activities of assigned staff and functions including;
- Ensure that teams are appropriately staffed; provide necessary training, training manuals, standard operating procedures for production and facility roles.
- Ensure that staff retains the appropriate documentation and license for equipment operation.
- Ensure grounds and maintenance have necessary direction, resource tools and are operating safely and compliantly.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation and carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Plans the need and feasibility of minor additions, modifications, and alterations to existing facilities and equipment.
- Participates in the design of such modifications to ensure modified/new equipment and installations are maintainable per organizations standards.
- Provides resources and guidance to maintenance staff as it relates to the maintenance operations (such as diagnosis and repair of systems, equipment’s, etc...)
- Ensures and responds quickly to equipment failures, minimizing production downtime resulting from mechanical issues.
- Performs and provides oversight related to preventative maintenance inspections and procedures, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Enforces and follows lockout/tagout safety procedures during service and repair. Implements procedures when new equipment or new hazards are recognized.
- Manages relationships with contractors and service providers. Oversees the hiring and use of contractors or contracted maintenance employees working on company property and equipment, ensuring they work safely and efficiently.
- Works with the available resources and oversees projects, purchases, preventative maintenance and work orders.
- Monitor and arrange performance of preventative and corrective maintenance of greenhouse. infrastructure; HVAC, coolers, irrigation systems, generators, louvers, fans, cure room, trim facility (not inclusive) property.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures to ensure regulatory and safety compliance protocols.
- Maintain records reflecting compliance of all applicable regulations.
- Review and research industry literature and design to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Work within allocated resources to acquire best of class supplies, products and equipment.
- Exercise significant authority and discretion when addressing items that concern the grow location, including:
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance the company’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Recommends hiring, performance, discipline, termination or advancement of employee decisions.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Use of independent judgment regarding product processing, keeping quality, projections and goals in mind.
- Ability to work with, help, guide, challenge and motivate other team members to create a cohesive unit
- Must manage their time during work efficiently to meet goals while consistently producing quality work.
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions and ability to take constructive criticism from managers to maintain quality standards and production goals.
- Establish bench marks and efficiencies for all key work areas.
- Actively manage facility inventory needs and resources.
- Adheres to operations budget.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Fundamental knowledge, as well as the ability to be taught and guided in areas related to the operations.
- Skill in analyzing issues, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations in support of goals.
- Have a solid understanding of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, and other crafts.
- Skill in planning, organizing, assigning and coordinating the activities and resources of professional and technical staff.
- Shows self-motivation/innovation and the ability to work well with all members of their staff and the company, as well as with their direct supervisor.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and other co-workers.
- Ability to:
- Interpret, understand and comply with complex statutes, ordinances, federal, state and local laws, standard and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Analyze and evaluate information accurately, and to express ideas clearly when providing oral and written reports or recommendations on administrative, financial and technical issues.
- Use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, data base management, spreadsheet applications and electronic mail.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Follow all safety protocols and policies; demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training.
- Provide excellent customer service; present a professional image in appearance, actions and words.
- Demonstrate ownership, accountability, initiative and quality of work.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate ethical behavior; build positive team relationships throughout your department and the rest of the organization.
- Work scheduled shifts and show up on time and ready to work; record all time worked accurately, promptly, and honestly.
- Understand and practice company values.
- Proven experience as maintenance manager or similar managerial role.
- Experience in planning maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment.
- Proven knowledge of Cal-OSHA safety standards.
- Regularly required to perform carrying, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, some bending/crouching, stooping, stretching, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- Ability to walk on uneven terrain.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull and balance up to 50 lbs. (100 lbs. with assistance) and must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product.
- Must not be allergic to or have a fear of insects.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced cannabis grow location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed inside greenhouse facilities exposed to temperatures ranging above a constant 75°F.
- Work is generally performed both inside and outside the farm premises
- Work is subject to weather conditions, including rain and extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- May require working rotating shifts with varied hours/day, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Periodic travel may be required for training purposes or purchasing materials and equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, administration or a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
production environment is highly desired; high school diploma, GED or equivalent is preferred.
- Quality assurance, quality control with good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Three – five years of proven nursery processing, harvesting, cultivation or similar experience is required.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age per state regulations and pass a criminal background check.
CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES REQUIRED
- A valid driver’s license and be insurable; continuing education will be required to maintain certifications and licenses
Harborside is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. EOE.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.