Here at Ready Pac Foods, home of the original Bistro Bowl® complete meal salad, we give people the freedom to eat healthier by providing healthy, convenient, fresh food options that fit our consumer's busy lives. To fulfill this mission, we demonstrate The Ready Pac Difference everyday by living our five core values: Respect, Results Orientation, Bias for Action, Learning and Fun. We have fun every day and value team work, curiosity and quick action that drives results. With processing facilities throughout the United States, we offer a wide range of opportunities nationwide! If you're looking to make an impact on an industry leading brand, we're the place for you! Check us out at www.readypac.com and on Glassdoor, to see how we inspire, recognize and invest in our team of 3,500 Associates.
Ready Pac Foods has an immediate full-time position for an enthusiastic, hard-working Food Safety Specialist. This is an excellent opportunity to join a large, industry leading food processor, Salinas-based shipper.
This position requires a 5+ years in of experience in food industry or similar, knowledge of GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative standards), GAP and LGMA standards, and knowledge of compliance requirements for fresh produce including Produce Safety Rule and all other aspects of FSMA.
Under the direction of the Sr. Field Quality Manager, the position is responsible for compliance of all food safety policies and regulations in our facilities. The successful candidate will have the ability to multi-task and take part in multiple tasks and multiple projects. Responsibilities include developing, maintaining and validating all food safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to internal programs.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for conducting food safety audits of agricultural vegetable and fruit operations at various fields.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local regulations, including the provisions of the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- HAACP analysis and the development, implementation, and validation of food safety protocol, including that of commodity specific guidance, in the field, and at harvest.
- Interactions with growers to ensure practices comply with Food Safety standards.
- Ensure all company food safety policies; SOP's and SSOP's are being followed.
- Implementation of policy and procedures to meet the requests of customers.
- Organize and lead food safety team meetings, including follow up on identified deficiencies.
- Represent Ready Pac on any Third party or LGMA audit.
- Maintaining necessary compliance paperwork related to food safety and organic programs.
- Conduct food safety and sanitation trainings.
- Train and effectively communicate food safety policies to all company employees and growers.
- Develop and help to establish sanitation program/standards that are consistent with GFSI standards, GAPs and Current Good Manufacturing Practices and all Federal, State and Regulatory requirements.
- Ensure sanitation requirements are maintained in all areas of the cooling facility under scope.
- Conduct internal audits based upon multiple audit schemes; develop and implement corrective action plans.
- Monitor food safety alerts on an ongoing and regular basis and forwards to management, as appropriate.
- Attend site leadership meetings to report and help drive continuous improvement in sanitation, food safety, quality, and preventative maintenance.
- 5+ years' experience in food industry.
- Bilingual English & Spanish.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of (GFSI) Global Food Safety Initiative standards.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for fresh produce. Competencies - Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines; ability to analyze, understand and solve problems; teamwork; and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Regular travel within California, and Arizona.
- Occasional travel throughout Florida, New Jersey, Canada, and Mexico.
- Relocation to Arizona required November- March.
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Ready Pac Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.