The Manager of Warehouse & Production is responsible for receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. He or she will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of a wide variety of produce, to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly, promptly, and is in full compliance of all food safety rules. In addition, the manager of Warehouse & Production is responsible for managing their assigned staff.
The Manager of Warehouse & Production is also responsible for keeping the Director of Operations apprised of all potential issues as they arise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary by supervisor.
- Strategically oversee and manage receiving, production, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Effectively plan production schedules, assign tasks appropriately, assess results, and ensure forecasts of production needs are produced weekly
- Perform inventory and quality control inspections, report suspect product to procurement, and maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times
- Responsible for setup layout and ensuring efficient space utilization
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Perform shipping and receiving duties of product and supplies
- Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order
- Schedule logistics for shipping of outbound orders and inbound product
- Required to forward a requisition for shipping materials for approval
- Management and oversight of production staff and process
- Assist in warehouse staff scheduling process and daily labor needs
- Schedule maintenance for forklift trucks and pallet jacks
- Schedule delivery of propane needed for forklift trucks
- Must be able to operate box erector and recycled box equipment
- Must be familiar with all MFP-FL customer packaging and pallet tie requirements
- Confirm that the product received is in spec with what was procured. Maintains dock: remove boxes, cartons, and return empties to shipping department, trash removal
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Follow standard inventory procedures and oversight of daily inventory counts and records
- Ability to perform but not limited to the following tasks; be familiar with and able to interpret packing slips, enter into the computer the correct information, to acknowledge receipt of the goods into the purchase order and processing database
- Must be able to fill out bills of lading and be familiar with various forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers
- Must be familiar with proper loading methods and pallet configurations
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment and be a certified forklift operator
- Operate tools, equipment, and vehicles according to prescribed safety procedures
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties
- Correct unsafe work conditions and report any conditions that are not correctable to GM immediately
- Supervision and implementation of standard sanitation protocol
- Conducts receiving and location audits daily ensuring all required receiving documentation is accurately completed (including food safety documentation) and that material is checked in and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss
- Sets up the warehouse in support of next day operations
- Inspects material handling equipment daily for safe operations and coordinates required repairs with maintenance department
- Interprets company policies for employees, enforces safety and security regulations.
- Performs reviews of functions, conducts and implements changes in proper use of equipment to increase overall efficiency of the receiving and storage functions.
- Conducts investigation of personnel accidents to determine root causes and makes recommendations for disciplinary action where required.
- Supervises the daily functions of Will Call
- Be the primary contact for leasing/rental company for company fleet
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Abilities and Characteristics
- Excellent customer service skills, positive attitude, and honesty & integrity to ensure everyone has a great impression of, and experience with, Market Fresh Produce
- Belief in, and support of, the company vision & program
- Superior work ethic
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills
- Advanced problem solving & analytical skills
- Strong organizational & planning skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated & goal-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task & prioritize work
- Team oriented
- Ability to travel for company business
- Signed acceptance of the Market Fresh Produce Non-Solicitation and Confidentiality Agreement
- Market Fresh Produce’s receipt, approval & acceptance of the incumbent’s background check
- Responsible for complying with all compliance regulations applicable to the job description
- Maintain confidentiality of company, vendor, customer, and employee information, without exception, internally and externally
- Adhere to company policies and procedures governing the safety and security of all company employees, property, and assets
This Manager of Warehouse & Production is responsible for the supervision of the Production Staff, Supervisor of Packing Room & Quality Control, and Transport Operators located in his or her assigned re-pack facility.
He or she is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees including; interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing their work; appraising their performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing their complaints and resolving their problems.
The Manager of Warehouse & Production is required to treat all employees and applicants consistently and equally, without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, national origin or any other characteristics that are protected under law. The Manager of Warehouse & Production is not allowed to base any employment decisions on these protected characteristics, cannot deny opportunities to an individual because of their characteristics, and cannot retaliate against an employee.
The Manager of Warehouse & Production is required to treat all employees respectfully and avoid unwanted/unwelcomed behavior that constitutes harassment.
The Manager of Warehouse & Production is required to carry out all supervisory duties in full compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration or related field is preferred.
A minimum of five years of successful warehouse & production experience at the management level in the produce industry and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience, or the ability to successfully perform the duties within 90 days of employment is required.
Ability to utilize QuickBooks and Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
Proficiency in operations of standard office equipment such as computer, laptop, printer, copier, scanner, fax machine, cell phone, multi-line phone system and other standard office equipment.
The ability to type by touch and 10-key by touch is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A valid driver’s license, as well as an acceptable driving record is required.
Certification as an OSHA forklift operator is preferred.
This position does not require any registrations.
The successful candidate must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex business documents, professional journals, technical procedures, financial reports, and legal documents. Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required to respond to common inquiries or complaints. The ability to effectively present information to employees, vendors, customers, and Market Fresh Produce management is required.
The successful candidate must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent. Additionally, the successful candidate must the ability to calculate interest, discounts, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Work Environment and Physical Activity
The work environment and physical activities described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The internal work environment is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilations, fumes and gases is very limited; however he or she may be required to work outside, in various weather conditions from time to time. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computer, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a non-confined office type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. The position includes driving a company vehicle approximately 15%of the time which includes exposure to the outside weather elements and moving mechanical parts. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc.
In the course of performing this position, the employee will spend time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting up to 50 pounds, driving, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The employee in this position may operate any or all of the following: automobile, telephone, cellular telephone, copy and fax machines, calculator, scanning equipment, desktop and/or laptop computer and related printers, or other equipment as directed.
Length of day is unpredictable; long hours, including Saturdays, Sundays, and/or holidays, may be required to accommodate peak periods, and meet deadlines.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
The individual in this position should have advanced knowledge, education, training, and experience in warehouse & production, or the ability to successfully perform the duties within 90 days of employment. He or she must have well-developed interpersonal skills to deal with employees, vendors, and customers on matters of a confidential or sensitive nature and the ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.