Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Gonzales, California
Reports to: Director of 3 Star Lettuce and Finance Director
Deadline to Apply: All resumes will be considered as received and position will be filled once the hiring manager
determines that a candidate meets the qualifications for this positon.
3 Star Lettuce, LLC, is a conventional and certified organic lettuce seed company that specializes in developing, producing, and marketing quality lettuce varieties. We carry all types of lettuce seed including Iceberg, Romaine, Mixleaf, SpringMix, and Specialty Lettuces. Our primary seed production is located in the San Joaquin Valley where we produce both conventional and organic seed. Our headquarters are located in Gonzales, California, and we have a warehouse and sales office in Yuma, Arizona.
Research & Development is an integral component at 3 Star Lettuce. Our R D program is active in all major growing areas, and conducts studies in the field according to the specific growing areas where the varieties are being developed.
Our mission is to provide quality, service, and innovation by employees with attitude, ownership and accountability.
The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs period end closing procedures, including monthly accruals, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, PFR preparation and analysis.
- Meets quarter end and year end reporting deadlines.
- Responsible for annual departmental budget and revised profit estimate process.
- Reviews sand ensures system table integrity.
- Creates weekly sales and management reports.
- Codes and approves invoices.
- Performs cash application in Pilot software, runs and distributes customer statements, customer refunds and collection duties.
- Gathers information and completes paperwork for capital expenditures
- Provides accounting, financial and systems support, assists with projects and evaluates processes, identifies challenges, makes recommendations and follows through to resolution
- Acts as the Human Resources Department liaison between 3 Star and T&A corporate offices.
- Coordinates all aspects of Company vehicles.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative duties: reviews employee expense reports; completes new vendor paperwork and check requests; delivers and picks up mail; sets up seasonal company rental unit agreements; and, submits payroll time sheets and employee time off requests.
- Maintains a working relationship with all Company operations, customers, vendors and other professionals to ensure a high level of efficiency, quality and service.
- Develops and mentors subordinate positions as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of three years of experience in General Ledger and Financial Reporting. Experience in grower accounting a plus.
Language & Communication Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, including over the phone, email and in person. Must have strong written and verbal interpersonal skills to communicate and work with everyone, from the warehouse, office, vendors, customers, team-members, and management.
Must possess the skills to write routine reports and correspondence.
Must have the ability to apply concepts (fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions) to practical situations.
Must be able to think independently, problem solve, make decisions accordingly and be able to manage multiple high priority tasks simultaneously and juggle multiple demands. Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in utilizing a computer, email, databases, queries, report writers and Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must recognize that customer service is the highest priority.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to identify areas and make practical recommendations where methods or procedures can be improved.
- Must be able to work long hours at certain times of the year or as needed dependent on the Company’s operational needs.
- This position requires the ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and meet Company goals and deadlines.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
In this position, the employee will sit at a desk and operate a computer, and keyboard; hear; talk; stand; walk; have visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.