CFH, Ltd, a vertically integrated Hemp bioscience company producing CBD ingredients for formulators along with consumer ready products such as tinctures, topicals and soft gels, is seeking an experienced
candidate for the position of Operations Manager to assist in daily operations at its farm and greenhouses production business near Denver, Colorado.
The Operations Manager will assist in all farm & greenhouse planning, execution and management of
the field & greenhouse operations and personnel and support the COO in business and financial
planning for the field & greenhouse operations. The candidate will have working knowledge of
farm & greenhouse equipment, irrigation systems as well as agronomic and horticultural practices
relevant to the production of commodity and vegetable crops. Duties will include setting daily,
weekly, monthly and annual schedules for all production, managing all production personnel,
operating and maintaining all greenhouse, farm and irrigation equipment, continuously improving
standard operating procedures and quality control methods and insure the capture of data from all
aspects of production for continuous evaluation and improvement. The candidate must be a selfstarter,
capable of working long production hours as necessary, and work unsupervised. The highly
motivated candidate will be trained to take on the position of Operations Manager and will have the
opportunity to learn all aspects of the business. This is an opportunity to contribute to the
development of new systems of production of Hemp and CBD, increase efficiency of operations and
bring innovation and enthusiasm to the Company while expanding your career with a progressive,
growing CBD production Company.
- Plan and execute the daily operations to continuously scale Hemp production.
- Operate both heavy and light farm equipment and machinery.
- Manage and maintain irrigation systems (primarily drip, along with flood, sprinkler, and center
- pivot operations).
- Overseeing the timely and efficient completion of all tasks & operations activities.
- Efficiently & enthusiastically direct and manage employees.
- Coordinate and carry out repairs and routine maintenance on tractors & equipment.
- Organize and conduct shop work in an effective and efficient manor.
- Assist in all production activities including; greenhouse propagation, planting, irrigation, weed
- control, pest control, cultural practices, plant health and maturity observations, testing & data
- capture, harvesting, storage and transportation.
- Maintain accurate daily activity records and operation logs for detailed tracking capability as
- well as operate in accordance with Organic Certification standards.
- Inspect crops and prepare reports and pre-harvest estimates for production.
- Oversee the cleanliness and organization of equipment, building and grounds.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, contractors and employees.
- Contribute to a fun, team oriented, challenging working environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of equipment, irrigation and crop production.
- Capable of performing routine maintenance and making equipment repairs.
- Proficiency with the computer (Email, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to plan ahead, troubleshoot and anticipate problems and solve them.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple job tasks.
- Ability to learn new technologies for production and record keeping.
- Be highly organized, punctual and work ethics with the highest integrity.
- Safely operate and model for others, farm and shop equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate tasks and responsibilities to others.
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Capable and willing to work long hours necessary in farming.
- Valid Drivers License and ability to operate tractors, and equipment.
- Capable of heavy lifting, walking fields and operating equipment.
- Detail oriented, conscientious, energetic, hardworking and physically fit.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Farm machinery and equipment operation and maintenance.
- Irrigation systems operation and maintenance.
- Managing & supervising employees.
- Financial & budgeting experience and accountability.
- Welding, equipment & shop repair.
- Vegetable crop production, ideally with extensive row planting background
- Minimum of 5 years previous farm work experience.
Long hours during the growing season April - November.
Flexible hours during the winter, December – March.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary to be determined based upon experience
Paid holidays and time off
CFH, Ltd is a progressive, growing Hemp & CBD production farm offering the opportunity to
advance your agricultural career. The Operations Manager position is a career development position
in which the candidate who demonstrates the highest level of initiative and performance will be
trained for a Director position over time.
Interested candidates should send a resume detailing relevant work experience, a cover letter and
salary requirements below. Qualified candidates will be notified in early July to schedule a phone interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.