As a Quality Control Supervisor for Produce, you'll supervise a small team of specialists who will be responsible for performing inspections, checks, and tests on product to ensure that all inbound and outbound products meet standards of quality, condition, and grade.
- Inspect incoming shipments for quality, grade and condition according to specification sheets
- Inspections will include tasting, brix testing, sizing/measuring/weighing, etc.
- Reject or accept incoming product at receiving and ensure appropriate processes are followed if rejection determined, in close coordination with Produce Buyers
- Communicate issues and concerns to Operations Manager and to the responsible Produce Buyer
- Ensure team compliance with all SOPs pertaining to handling and storage of produce items, identifying any issues to Operations Manager
- Conduct regular product inspections in all coolers and produce warehouse spaces to ensure quality and proper rotation of products
- Manage ripening processes and rotations in coordination with Produce Buyers and Merchandising team
- Conduct stowed inventory audits to set correct purge horizons and to ensure outbound product quality and condition
- Identify produce that needs to be removed and disposed of because it does not meet quality standards
- Conduct random shipping audits for outbound product quality and condition
- Create and maintain quality inspection reports for inbound and outbound products
- Work in conjunction with management to identify and address food safety concerns
- Keep all work areas clean, clear and organized
- Work collaboratively with Produce Operations Management and Produce Buyers to develop QC reporting systems and standards
- Ensure above responsibilities are covered by QC team during all hours that product is entering or leaving the warehouse
- Provide training and timely feedback on above responsibilities to team of QC specialists.
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate has:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years produce receiving and inspection experience
- Knowledge of USDA grades and standards
- Experience as a lead or supervisor is a plus
- Good verbal and email communication skills; ability to write basic reports
- Time management skills; experience working on a deadline
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with basic computer skills; ability to learn and use new software
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.