This position will be assisting the harvesting team with Human Resources as well as various Food Safety trainings, inspections, audits, and implementation of electronic documentation. This position will be working under the direction of our Food Safety and Operation Managers.
Primary Harvesting Responsibilities:
- Train Harvesting Team on Current SOP’s
- Schedule and lead monthly crew trainings
- Schedule and lead seasonal trainings for Foreman/Supervisors
- Organize and implement weekly tailgate trainings led by crew foreman
- Conduct daily spot inspections on harvesting crews to ensure Food Safety SOP’s are being followed.
- Conduct daily spot inspections of Harvesting equipment, materials, and staging yards to ensure areas are properly cleaned and maintenance and that all food safety SOP’s are being followed.
- Create and maintain ATP swabbing schedule on all mechanical machines.
- Assist with harvesting audits and inspections administered by 3rd party organizations, customers and government agencies.
- Maintain all food safety harvesting records needed to maintain compliance with FSMA regulations, internal SOP’s and customer needs including but not limited to; Crew Training, Foreman/Supervisor trainings, Daily inspection sheets, reefer trailer inspections, etc.
- Assist with uploading critical Harvesting Documents to Company Share point.
- Conduct follow up visits to make sure that agreed upon corrective actions have been implemented.
- Purchase and distribute food safety items such as: headlamps, chlorine strips, and rodent sonic deterrents.
- Attend all relevant workshops, seminars, and customer sponsored events relating to food safety and/or continued education.
Human Resources & Safety Responsibilities:
- Facilitate new hire/rehiring process
- Partner with management to communicate Human Resources & Employee Safety policies, procedure and laws
- Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee moral & motivation
- Expedite investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth
- Facilitate the implementation of Company’s safety and health program, track and post OSHA-required data and file reports.
- Conduct post-accident investigation and attend injured employee medical visits
- Administer worker's compensation claims and assist employees with any claim issues
• A minimum of 2-3 years of food safety experience.
• Bilingual English/Spanish required
• Able to work unsupervised and manage independently
• Have strong communication skills
• Must be flexible with work hours and days
Bilingual in Spanish
Candidate must have a clean driving record
Relocation to winter production region
Detail oriented, and possess strong computer skills, including MS Office and Excel, self-starter
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.