Title: Director of Human Resources
FLSA Class: Exempt
Reports to: VP of Finance
The Director of Human Resources provides strategic HR support and is responsible for understanding business requirements and developing and executing a human capital strategy. Works both strategically and hands-on to deliver results for the business/functional groups. Marshals the resources of the broader HR organization to enable the execution of this strategy, including leveraging the functional expertise and resources of partners, HR Operations, and engaging the generalist services team for regional needs.
- Trusted advisor to leadership on business strategy, people, and organizational capabilities.
- Works strategically and in partnership with the leadership team to develop and implement focused workforce strategies ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, on-boarding, training, coaching, counseling, and developing staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff performance; resolving problems, performing exit interviews and implementing change.
- Develops human resources financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values.
- Identify and address organizational effectiveness challenges. In collaboration with the leadership team, will diagnose, plan, and manage human capital requirements such as workforce plans, organizational effectiveness, talent management, employee engagement, and HR planning.
- Leads organizational change by working proactively with the leadership team to identify operating guidelines, processes, workforce requirements and implement appropriate solutions.
- Oversees complex human capital issues; analyzes analytics to diagnose underlying management or cultural issues and collaborates with managers/supervisors to develop remediation plans.
- Actively collaborate and communicate with appropriate stakeholders to ensure company-wide alignment of strategic initiatives, and prioritize and develop solutions to achieve business strategy and promote employee engagement.
- Collaborate with all business functions to ensure connectivity, on-going communication and collaboration.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and responsibility for agency compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to all human resource matters.
- Communicates changes in policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in an annual review of wage and salary program.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the VP of Finance, on HR matters.
- Works with managers/supervisors to assist them in their responsibilities on human resource matters.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in employee development for the organization.
- Supervises the staff of the human resource department.
- Participates on committees and special projects as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Must be a leader and have visionary leadership and perspective to understand how to best achieve desired organizational change and results.
- Roll up your sleeves style is critical, blue collar mentality with a hands-on approach.
- Having a recruiting background is highly preferred.
- Previous 24-7 operations experience is a must.
- Bachelor's degree with an advanced degree preferred.
- SHRM-SCP and SPHR certification is highly recommended.
- 10+ years of broad based human resources experience with a minimum of 5 years significant leadership experience.
- Influencing and collaborate skills along with highly developed consultative skills.
- Understanding of the formal and informal organizational networks and channels to effectively navigate the organization and help the leadership team reach desired business outcomes.
- Customer focused, accountable, deals with ambiguity well, excellent problem solving & conflict management skills with a strong business acumen.
Must follow all instruction related to Food Defense, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Agricultural Practices and HACCP programs. Must report to the Food Safety Department or their direct supervisor any problem or irregular situation related to food safety.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
Typical Work Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. Employee frequently interacts directly with staff members during the workday. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Incumbents may be asked by their supervisor or managers to perform other duties. Incumbents will be evaluated in part based upon their performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The Company has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the Company may terminate employment at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice (subject to applicable laws).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.