Position Title: Logistics Specialist
Employment Status: Full time -Exempt
Department: Sales Department
This position focus is to assist the logistics manager with all company prepaid logistics. Will be responsible for the transportation and logistical requirements for the movement of all products throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. This Position entails customarily and regularly exercising discretion and independent judgment.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Assist in managing all prepaid freight for CGI customers
- Track daily freight rates and post sales dept on freight rates
- Procurement of carriers for delivered customers
- Negotiate programmed freight rates with direct carriers and truck brokers
- Track all carrier claims.
- Continually monitor trucking service performance
- Consistently review product movement for better routing and utilization
- Work closely with customers on short and long-term transportation issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with talent and experience in promotional writing. Competency in written grammar and sentence structure, required.
- Minimum 3 years of transportation experience
- Experience with TMS systems.
- High school diploma, some college, experience and/or training.
- A strong commitment to customer service.
- Excellent telephone communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent organization skills.
The ability to lift a minimum amount of 25 lbs; the ability to sit for long periods of time; or the ability to bend or stoop to access file cabinets; or the ability to work long periods on a computer keyboard.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.