Automated Harvesting LLC has a couple full-time, year-round Harvest Supervisor positions open, to begin in November as we end our Salinas, CA. season and enter the Yuma, AZ. winter season.
We are looking for supervisors who have solid experience in lettuce & cabbage harvesting, and who are accustomed to the unique conditions, hours, and scheduling that these harvesting industries require. The perfect candidate must be willing to work as a team with other supervisors, food safety, occupational safety, maintenance, and HR. Our supervisors need to be strong leaders, good communicators, and organized by staying ahead of scheduling with their crews, and reporting to all the departments that make up our team.
If you would like an opportunity with a new and growing company that will give you the tools and support to do your job, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the following company information and job description for more information on the position requirements:
Automated Harvesting LLC provides a high quality, cost effective harvesting solution utilizing the most efficient harvesting practices, while challenging the common conventions and industry norms of harvesting through automation, robotics and innovation.
Our operations are year-round, harvesting in California in the summer and Arizona during the winter season. The target goal of the company is to harvest the highest quality vegetables while utilizing the most ergonomic and effective automated harvesting equipment available.
We are a progressive company that believes in management through empowerment. We encourage responsible autonomy, creative thinking, and team work to achieve our goals. We offer a competitive salary range and a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), long & short-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, per diem in Yuma, a variety of employee incentive programs, and a bonus plan based on company profitability.
POSITION TITLE: Harvest Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Automated Harvesting General Manager
BASIC FUNCTION: The Harvest Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the harvesting operation related to their specific crop(s); including the supervision of the harvest team.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise daily harvesting operation of assigned crop(s)
- Supervise harvest team: tractor drivers and machine operators
- Coordinate field harvesting operation with contract labor foremen
- Collaborate with DOT administrator/dispatcher to ensure efficient transportation of product
- Inspect, plan, and forecast quality and quantity of product available for future harvesting
- Responsible for harvesting equipment
Comply with company procedures and policies
Motivate employees to understand and comply with company procedures and policies
Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
Collaborate & communicate with general manager, human resources, food safety, plant receiving & Q.A., dispatcher, and maintenance manager
Prepare and deliver harvest documentation to the appropriate personnel: GM, HR, DOT and Food Safety managers
Report employee infractions to HR in an equitable and consistent manner
Assist in recruitment efforts and ensure new employees are processed through HR in accordance with legal requirements
Attend management meetings to share information regarding crops, employees and issues needing attention
Conduct weekly safety tailgate meetings with team and promote safe work practices to avoid injuries
Report all injuries to supervisor and HR immediately regardless of how slight they might seem, and ensure that their team reports injuries to them immediately
- train, delegate and ensure that employees comply with proper operation of equipment
- perform, and delegate the performance, of daily inspections
- follow, and motivate others to follow, equipment safety procedures
- understand and cooperate with Food Safety to manage the sanitation of equipment
- report repair & maintenance issues to maintenance manager
- Ability to travel with the company from Salinas, CA. to Yuma, AZ.
- At least 5 years of continuous and current harvest management experience
- Bi-lingual, bi-literate in English/Spanish, must be able to write in both English & Spanish
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and train employees
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and priorities while remaining calm and focused
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and awareness to see obstacles and dangers; such as, ditches, irrigation pipes, parked or moving vehicles, pedestrians, trees, and overhead electrical wires and to train team to look for these potential dangers
- Ability and awareness to hear and see potential equipment failures and report them immediately to maintenance manager
- Ability to troubleshoot minor and basic mechanical issues with equipment
- Ability to climb up and down from trailers
- Strong basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Basic Computer literacy: email, Excel data entry, electronic devices and applications, texting, scanning and attaching to email correspondence etc.
- Romaine Lettuce, Cabbage, Iceberg Lettuce, experience preferred
Automated Harvesting LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.