JOB TITLE: Transport/Logistics Manager
LOCATION: Soledad, CA
Braga Ranch/ASA Organics, Headquartered in Soledad, CA, Braga Ranch is a 3rd generation family farm operation. Our mission is to profitably grow our family of companies through responsible farming. Braga Ranch farms approximately 25,000 crop acres of organic and conventional fresh vegetables each year in the Salinas, Imperial and Yuma valleys. Braga Ranch is a fast growing company and offers a dynamic work atmosphere.
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Implement new TMS
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Directing all transportation activities.
- Developing transportation relationships.
- Monitoring transport costs.
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
- Works effectively and collaborates as a team member in the Sales Department.
- Works effectively and autonomously for customer service and profitable business growth.
- Ability to appraise and use IT packages and electronic communication methods.
- Tact, diplomacy and calmness, especially when dealing with tired drivers and disgruntled customers.
- An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
Competitive compensation, bonus, benefits, and 401-k plan
Email resumes ONLY. Do not call.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.