Position: Database Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW Large Fresh Produce Company based in Salinas, California, with growing districts in California and Mexico seeks a dynamic individual to join our team as a Database Administrator in our Information Technology Department. This position applies principles of database management to deliver a variety of reports based on departmental requests.
- Direct report to the Director of IT
- Consolidate company databases to a local data warehouse
- Work with vendors on transferring real time data to local data warehouse
- Work with departments on delivery of reports based on department requests
- Maintain database and data backups
The Database Administrator will report directly to the IT Director. The initial goal is to create and develop a local data warehouse of the data that is collected within our AgKnolwedge system, and mirror that data within the local data warehouse. The Local Data Warehouse it to be the framework for creating and delivering reports to department staff. Additionally, this position will be responsible for consolidating all of the existing local databases (i.e. Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel).
The Database Administrator will also work closely with department leads to:
- Facilitate the delivery of automated and on-demand reports
- Review and update all current report parameters to the new local data warehouse
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ year’s work experience
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Access and Excel
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Communication, Teamwork and Negotiation Skills
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
- Ongoing responsibility for the gathering of various data points to enter into our data management system.
- Responsible for compiling and organizing detailed data in preparation for analysis.
- Responsible for preparing reports to summarize and interpret current status of various financial commitments.
- Develops and maintains several internal databases used for cost and tracking purposes.
- Strong technology skills required, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Power Point with advanced Excel ability including spreadsheet creation and maintenance, formulas, data manipulation and analysis.
- Skilled in General office equipment operation such as Ten-Key and Alphanumeric Data Entry.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data management with ability to coordinate large amounts of data.
- Excellent organizational skills
- A professional business office environment with work hours:
- Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p. m. or similar
- This position may include occasional weekend, holiday, or overtime work shifts.
- Minimal Travel is anticipated for this position.
Comprehensive Benefits Program:
- Health Savings Account (Company Sponsored)
- Dental/Vision/Life, AD&D, Long-Term Disability
- 401k (w/up match)
Paid Time Off Program
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.