POSITION: PROCUREMENT MANAGER
LOCATION: SALINAS, CA & SAN JUAN BAUTISTA, CA
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Procurement Manager will negotiate with vendors the purchase of all packaging materials, supplies, and services used by Church Brothers and True Leaf Farms.
• Negotiate goods and services with vendors
• Conduct new product development for packaging related items in the agricultural produce industry
• Work closely with quality, sales, marketing & new product departments
• Drive process improvement in packaging related items with innovative ideas
• Conduct monthly inventory count process for all Church Brothers and True Leaf items Establish Purchasing Policies and ensure compliance
• Develop new supply sources where vendors are inadequate
• Create Supplier Relationship Management process to measure supplier
• Examine bids and makes awards
• Establish account/credit and terms & partners with finance
• Negotiate blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period.
• Work closely with Receiving Department to ensure proper supplies arrived
• Bachelor Degree, in a business related area (Engineering, Finance or Operations)
• Eight to 10 years of purchasing & packaging experience, in a perishables food industry.
• Proficient in Enterprise Resource Systems & knowledge of Famous preferred
• Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Process Improvement skills in Six-Sigma preferred, but not required
• 20% travel
• Primarily based in San Juan Bautista, CA & Salinas, CA offices & travel to Yuma, AZ & Holtville, CA locations as needed.
Please send your resume below.
Church Brothers Farms is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.