Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Eastern Vegetable Division located in Belle Glade, Florida is seeking a Manager, Value Added Food Processing. Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of A. Duda and Sons, Inc. a private family-owned company in business for over 91 years. Starting out as a humble celery farm in 1926, DUDA’s business operations today include Duda Farm Fresh Foods, one of the world’s leading producers and suppliers of celery and other quality fresh and fresh-cut vegetables and citrus; The Viera Company, a highly regarded community developer with fully-integrated real estate operations including Viera Builders, a residential home builder; as well as Duda Ranches, manager of DUDA’s agricultural operations including sod, sugarcane, citrus and cattle.
The Manager, Value Added Food Processing is responsible for managing all business activities of food products for Duda Farm Fresh Foods Florida operations. This includes and not limited to celery, radish, and corn. The manager will be responsible for facility business and product flow including financial responsibility and accountability. This business includes processing rooms, repack rooms and packaging rooms. The manager will also be responsible for engaging the facility in areas of GMP's, SOP's, Food Safety, Quality Control, and HACCP program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To provide the Assistant General Manager with weekly reports related to labor, costs, production runs, and yields.
- To engage and communicate with Sales Department, Shipping Department, Quality Control Department, and Food Safety Department on a weekly and regular basis.
- The manager will work closely and on a daily basis with Value Added supervisor/supervision to ensure smooth business flow, no interruption in business, while also making correct and sound financial decisions.
- The manager will coordinate with internal departments (Maintenance, Management, Shipping, Sales) for season transitions to outside states. This includes, but not limited to, Michigan.
- The manager will provide the Assistant General Manager with a monthly Period Report. Monthly Period Report will include business activity, labor update, Plan volume vs. Actual volume, and business challenges and business opportunities.
- The manager will provide an annual Operational Production Plan for each commodity that will include costs, break-even, labor, technology, capital requirements/investment needs, equipment updates, and packaging utilization.
- The manager will attend a minimum of 1 annual trade show related to Value Added food products and produce industry trends.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Food processing, value-added business, and facility product flow experience required.
- Progressive education and/or classes related to food safety, quality control, food packaging, and/or value-added trends.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Five or more years in the food processing business a must.
- Packaging environment experience a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
At Duda, we offer a wide range of benefits as part of our total compensation package including but not limited to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Please visit our job board at http://www.duda.com/jobs/ or you can apply directly below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.