Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Eastern Vegetable Division located in Belle Glade, Florida is seeking a Leaf Production Supervisor. Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of A. Duda and Sons, Inc. a private family-owned company in business for over 91 years. Starting out as a humble celery farm in 1926, DUDA’s business operations today include Duda Farm Fresh Foods, one of the world’s leading producers and suppliers of celery and other quality fresh and fresh-cut vegetables and citrus; The Viera Company, a highly regarded community developer with fully-integrated real estate operations including Viera Builders, a residential home builder; as well as Duda Ranches, manager of DUDA’s agricultural operations including sod, sugarcane, citrus and cattle.
Under the direction and guidance of the Farm Operations/R&D Manager, the Leaf Production Supervisor will provide supervision and coordinate all aspects of leaf production activities, which include reel rain operations, planting, fertilizing dry broad cast, side dress, ally ripping, herbicide and insecticide sprays.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare a weekly planting schedule along with a daily planting guide which includes varieties, how much of each variety is needed and instruction on planter settings
- Prepare a pre-plant and post plant overhead irrigation schedule based on current field conditions and planting schedule.
- Review soil sample results and calculate the dry fertilizer broadcast applications that need to occur prior to planting.
- Monitor weed pressure to ensure proper timing of post-emerge herbicide program for broadleaf and grass control.
- Review crop scouting reports with the scout and discuss overall conditions of the crop.
- Maintain appropriate water levels in the leaf crop through the use of diesel box pumps or gravity flow and fulfill rain call and rain event responsibilities.
- Submit paperwork including but not limited to payrolls, crop records, application records, WPS postings, coded out delivery tickets, crop reports, budgets, and safety records.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in agricultural related field preferred
- One or more years in a Supervisor role in an agricultural related field required
- Private restricted use pesticide license required within the first year
- Basic Microsoft Office skills preferred
Physical requirements and working conditions:
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs regularly
- Regular climbing, stooping and bending required
- Prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures; potential exposure to hazardous materials
- Overnight travel may be required
Benefits and Perks:
At Duda we offer a wide range of benefits as part of our total compensation package including but not limited to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and professional development.
Please visit our job board at http://www.duda.com/jobs/ or you can apply directly below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.