Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Eastern Vegetable Division located in Belle Glade, Florida is seeking a Bilingual Regional Human Resources Manager. Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of A. Duda and Sons, Inc. a private family owned company in business for over 91 years. Starting out as a humble celery farm in 1926, DUDA’s business operations today include Duda Farm Fresh Foods, one of the world’s leading producers and suppliers of celery and other quality fresh and fresh-cut vegetables and citrus; The Viera Company, a highly regarded community developer with fully-integrated real estate operations including Viera Builders, a residential home builder; as well as Duda Ranches, manager of DUDA’s agricultural operations including sod, sugarcane, citrus and cattle.
In this highly collaborative position, the Regional Human Resources Manager will be responsible for leading Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture with emphasis on quality, productivity, and efficiency as well as the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. This position will also provide and support development of consistent processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals, coordination of implementation of employee-related services, policies, and programs in collaboration with the Human Resources team and assisting and advising company managers as a strategic business partner The Regional Human Resources Manager for DFFF, East is responsible for all DFFF, eastern human resource operations which include Belle Glade and Wellington, Florida, Georgia, and Michigan. 30% travel is required. The well qualified candidate will have experience in all HR disciplines to include safety and compliance, contract labor, H2A, H2B, and seasonal and migrant workforces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establishes HR departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
- Acts as a resource to management by assisting the Directors of Human Resources in leading the organization through internally and externally imposed changes by maintaining positive, effective partnerships with management and employees. Establishes and maintains relationships with managers to stay abreast of current and future employee relations issues and provides guidance on employee actions making certain managers know how to successfully, ethically, and legally communicate with employees.
- Assists managers and supervisors with employee actions such as performance evaluations, transfers, promotions, reclassifications and terminations.Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Provides oversight for safety programs at location including worker training, worker's compensation reporting, awards, and incident reporting.
- Provides guidance to management on legal compliance for all HR and labor laws and regulations with emphasis on agricultural industry. Ensure compliance in all areas by reviewing policies and procedures and making recommendations for new or updated policies. Ensures all regulatory compliance at designated locations. Responsible for maintaining and ensuring accuracy and compliance with I-9 regulations.
- Monitoring and auditing of contract labor workforce for invoicing and reporting.
- Facilitates the staffing and recruitment function at designated locations by participating in Workforce Planning. The Regional HR Manager coordinates advertising, selection, interviewing, and on-boarding of new hires (including salaried employees) ensuring all necessary workflow approvals have been obtained, background checks and physicals and drug screens and is responsible for benefit and safety review.
- Training and Development - makes recommendations regarding training and development of employees. Provides training on-site.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have 5 years HR Management, employee relations and/or benefits
- PHR or SHRM- CP required
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing are also required.
- H2A experience overseeing and auditing contract labor force required.
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Must have adaptability; open to new ideas, concepts and process changes
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to carry out multiple tasks and projects while keeping management abreast of important issues
- Productive worker with solid work ethic who exerts optimal effort in successfully completing tasks.
- Seasoned professional whose honesty and integrity create effective leadership and optimal business relationships.
Benefits and Perks:
At Duda we offer a wide range of benefits as part of our total compensation package including but not limited to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and professional development. Company vehicle provided.
Please visit our job board at http://www.duda.com/jobs/ or you can apply directly below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.