Wakefern is the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the United States, comprising 50 member companies who independently own and operate 344 retail supermarkets under the ShopRite, Price Rite, The Fresh Grocer, Readington Farms and Dearborn Market banners in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Virginia markets.
The Sr. Regional Sourcing Category Manager is responsible to lead the Fresno, California produce purchasing office. The role oversees a team of buyers and support staff that are responsible to procure produce items in an efficient, cost-effective and timely manner. This team works with our West coast suppliers and vendors and maintains communication with the East coast Category Management staff. The Sr. Regional Sourcing Category Manager builds relationships with West coast suppliers, ensures efficiency of the Fresno office to meet the purchasing goals and maintains our commitment to our consumers in delivering exceptional quality and price.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Four year College degree or currently enrolled night student with a minimum of 60 or more college credits completed towards a Business Degree.
- Must have at least 5 years of previous produce purchasing experience in a retail organization and an understanding of surrounding laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability of being an effective leader and coach to others
- Aptitude for detail and figure oriented work and the ability to learn computer systems easily.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of managing in a fast paced, high-volume environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Previous experience and knowledge of a retail environment.
- Experience of managing business improvements projects within a Supply Chain & Purchasing environment.
We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Prescription coverage, Tuition Reimbursement, Pre-Tax Dependent Spending Account, Wellness Reimbursement, Retirement and 401(k).
Please visit our webpage and apply online below or at: www2.wakefern.com/careers
Wakefern Food Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce reflecting the communities we serve. We regret that only those being considered will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.