Position Title: Labor Manager
Department: Greenhouse Operations
Position Type: RFT
Reports To: General Manager
Location: Mona, Utah
Purpose/Objective: Coordinate all greenhouses labor and maximize labor efficiencies through the use of the piece rate program.
• Greenhouse labor scheduling
• Weekly reporting
• Enforce quality standards for all crop work (except harvesting).
• Manage weekly meetings
• Coordination of material removal and dumping.
• Determine staffing needs and find efficiencies.
• Review and approve all work plans and adjustments
• Set minimum hourly efficiency standards for all crop work.
• Translate piece rate per hour to rows per day.
• Schedule cleanup equipment requirements.
• Inventory control of materials needed.
• Maintain and adhere to all worksite safety, food safety, hygiene protocols and compliance standards.
• Assist in establishing group objectives and priorities.
• Ensure staff follow established policies and procedures while encouraging quality and continuous improvement.
• Assist in the recruitment of operations employees – interviewing and selection.
• Assist in new hire orientation and training and the ongoing training and development of the operations team.
• Monitor and mentor staff while providing feedback.
• Assist with production resourcing and scheduling (OT, Vacation, Absences. Etc.)
• Assist in performance evaluation, promotion, and termination activities.
• Bilingual, English/Spanish
• Experience with Priva
• Labor Planning
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• High School Diploma
• Decision Making
• Planning and Organizing
• Help with Critical Issues
About Houweling’s Group:
Houweling's Group, is a family owned, world-renowned greenhouse vegetable grower with farms in Camarillo, CA, Delta, BC and Mona, UT. As a leader and innovator in the state of the art, sustainable greenhouse farming industry, the company focuses on year-round, locally grown produce, as consumers continue to prove a desire and willingness to purchase local. In addition to greenhouse tomato and cucumber growing, the company operates a state of the art seedling propagation division and full-service logistics department, offering vertical integration from seed through to delivery at our customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.