Position Title: IPM Manager
Department: Integrated Pest Management
Reports To: General Manager
Location: Mona, Utah
The purpose of this role is to supervise the pest and pesticide programs for the Utah facility. This role keeps all pests and diseases under control with the support of the General Manager. Critical to the role, is accurate, timely reporting of all issues, meticulous record keeping for all chemicals and bios, and to comply with all legal requirements.
Key Job Duties:
• Oversee and participate in Scouting functions.
• Develop and implement required spray schedules with General Manager.
• Supervise, train, and assists the scouts and spray teams in any areas where assistance is needed.
• Prepare and review all reporting related to IPM program
• Ensure inventory is on-hand for all needed materials for pest and disease control.
• Renew and maintain company pesticide permits and/or certifications.
• Monitor, manage and report on beehive pollination rates
• Maintain and manage all chemical storage areas so they follow applicable regulations.
• Ensure proper execution of hygiene protocols and functionality of hygiene related tools.
• Keep accurate records of all chemical applications and bios introductions.
• Manage residue testing procedures
• Facilitates animal control program
• Manage the site Safety Data Sheets.
• Coordinates annual Pesticide Applicator training and any other necessary required training.
• Ensures that equipment is well calibrated and report any issues to the maintenance department.
• Monitor fertilizer blends and tank levels. Ensure that the monitoring of the drain, dripper measurements, pathway bottles, back washing of the sand filters, cleaning of the disc filters and pressure of the irrigation system is taken care off, per specifications of the grower.
• Keep inventory of all fertilizer and chemicals used in irrigation.
• Assist in establishing group objectives and priorities.
• Ensure staff follow policies and procedures while encouraging continuous improvement.
• Assist in staffing requirements, work assignment and schedules.
• Assist in the recruitment of operations employees – interviewing and selection.
• Assist in new hire orientation and training and the ongoing training of the operations team.
• Monitor and mentor staff while providing feedback.
• Assist with resourcing and scheduling (OT, Vacation, Absences and other time off)
• Assist in performance evaluation, promotion, and termination activities.
• High School Diploma and/or College Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture or Biological Science.
• 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar role.
• Bilingual – English/Spanish
• Holds Pesticide Applicators License or willing to complete the course.
• Must have bio control experience
• Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Technical knowledge of pest eradication and disease control in an agricultural setting.
• Attention to detail, strong project management skills and coordinating simultaneous priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Strong organizational skills to monitor and track numerous activities throughout the year.
• Ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions.
• Strong people management skills and organizational skills.
• Decision Making
• Planning and Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Flexible, Adaptable
• Self Motivated
About Houweling’s Group:
Houweling's Group, is a family owned, world-renowned greenhouse vegetable grower with farms in Camarillo, CA, Delta, BC and Mona, UT. As a leader and innovator in the state of the art, sustainable greenhouse farming industry, the company focuses on year-round, locally grown produce, as consumers continue to prove a desire and willingness to purchase local. In addition to greenhouse tomato and cucumber growing, the company operates a state of the art seedling propagation division and full-service logistics department, offering vertical integration from seed through to delivery at our customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.