Retail Deli Sales Manager
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Job Summary: Responsible for leading the growth and profitability of Seattle Retail Deli Sales division of Charlie’s Produce. The Retail Deli Sales Manager will supervise the Retail Deli Category Lead and sales/merchandising team and direct their efforts as needed to increase overall penetration and new sales. This dynamic leader will develop solutions for target retailers and manage customers. The Retail Deli Sales Manager with work closely with Charlie’s processing division, CP Fresh, and outside vendors to identify, select and establish Charlie’s value-added category offerings. Schedule is typically concentrated on Monday through Friday with additional hours and events as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and execute strategic plan for retail deli sales and profitability growth.
- Achievement of sales, gross profit and service level performance targets
- Retail Deli team leadership
- Customer relationship management. Lead regularly scheduled business reviews and relationship building with key accounts and develop sales plan to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Identify needs for item sourcing and development
- Lead and direct CP Fresh and 3rd party manufacturer relationships and business objectives (Penny’s, Michou, Taylor, etc).
- Retail Deli item pricing and category management.
- Coordinate market competitive activity and new volume opportunities.
- Provide sales reports and industry sales info to executive management regularly.
- Increase team effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, training, coaching and counseling all retail sales and merchandising teams; develop talent and prepare appropriate succession plans.
- Self-starter, strategic and independent thinker
- At least 5 years in the produce/food industry at the sales management level
- Proven sales/profitability track record
- Ability to manage change and facilitate the implementation of new programs through the use of the sales team.
- Strong and well organized manager, communicator and team builder
- Expertise in fresh item food sales, processing and development
- Proficient in Category management and reporting systems
- Ability to perform market pricing analysis
- Personable and comfortable in presenting to and negotiating with, customers
- Experienced in retail/deli operations and menu development.
- Actively participates in the progression of the Company; provides leadership support of companywide initiatives and objectives.
- Help develop strategic direction for the organization; responsible for conceptualizing and communicating the direction for fresh programs.
- Upholds and promotes Company Mission and Values.
- Assist SVP Retail sales with annual performance reviews and actively provide feedback and direction to Retail Sales team.
Supervision Received: This position will report directly to the SVP of Sales.
Supervision Exercised: This position will supervise a team that includes a retail Deli sales, merchandising and executive chef.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click below to apply:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.