JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Applicant Specialist
Position will remain open until filled
Organizational Overview: CCOF is a nonprofit organization that advances organic agriculture for a healthy world through organic certification, education, advocacy, and promotion. Founded in California more than 40 years ago, today our roots span the breadth of North America and our presence is internationally recognized. We are supported by an organic family of farmers, ranchers, processors, retailers, consumers, and policymakers. Together, we work to realize a future where organic is the norm.
Position Summary: The Applicant Specialist’s primary duty is to support applicants for organic certification and support sales team outreach efforts at trade shows and agricultural events. This position reports to the Marketing and Sales Supervisor.
This position is a full-time, 40hours per week, non-exempt status position reporting to the Marketing and Sales Supervisor.
- Support sales team outreach efforts
- Coordinate all trade show logistics and facilitate trade show sales meetings
- Coordinate the assembly of pack lists and collection of all marketing collateral for trade shows and CCOF programs and events
- Provide applicant support to leads from website, emails, phone requests, walk-ins, and follow up to trade shows and trainings
- Facilitate completion of the application
- Reply to general certification and food safety questions
- Manage leads in Salesforce. Record leads, track interactions, and prioritizes activitiesConduct regular outreach emails to dormant leads
- Assemble and distribute application packets as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or department director
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong customer service skills with internal and external clients
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Agricultural and/or food industry knowledge, background and/or experience a plus
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish a plus, not required
Compensation:CCOF takes pride in offering competitive pay and excellent benefits. The “Applicant Specialist” starting compensation will depend on qualifications and experience.
Hiring Process:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants, please submit the following documents to email@example.com, with “Applicant Specialist BlueSkySearch” in the subject line.
- Cover letter summarizing your interest in CCOF and the position, and qualifications
- Current resume
- List of three professional references
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.