Production and Customer Manager - Northern Region
Location: Salinas, CA
Reports to: Sr. VP of Production
Job Type: Full-Time/Year Round
Range: $100,000 to $125,000
Travel: Ability to travel 50% of the time
Areas of Work: Oxnard, Santa Maria, Salinas, Oregon, Nevada, Occasional Travel to Yuma/Imperial and Northern Baja Mexico.
Fresh Harvest, Inc. is seeking a self-directed, experienced Production and Customer Manager for our Northern Region to undertake all aspects of management of Production teams in the Northern Region. This will include the management of various crew supervisors with multiple commodities.
Expectations of this position include leadership and implementation of a successful Production Department program in the Northern Region.
Lead and inspire a safety culture that creates a safe work environment coupled with the production demands of a “perishable reality”
● Assure production needs and customer satisfactions are met for all customers in the areas of responsibility.
● Manage and coordinate supervision for areas of responsibility.
● May be required to assist and support other areas outside of harvest production operations where FHI maintains business.
● Ensures the uniform implementation of the policies, practices and procedures for all harvest operations.
● Ensures that all operations and locations function profitably, productively and efficiently.
● Promotes the company’s capabilities and manages relationships with major customers within the guidelines established by the President.
● Participates with the President and other key managers in the establishment and updates of effective business planning and budgeting processes including strategic business planning and financial planning.
● Uses and creates company reports to make informed business decisions and manage day-to-day operations to meet or surpass annual planned budgets.
● Ensures there is an ongoing quality program for compliance with all stated quality control policies and procedures (e.g., safety training & hazardous materials training.)
● Supports the ongoing program of quality review ensuring dedication to excellent quality, customer service and doing it right the first time.
● Ensures compliance with the personnel standards, policies, procedures and practices of the company.
● Ensures compliance with all Food Safety rules and standards, government laws, regulations and codes (e.g., those of DOL, Labor Commissioner, OSHA, EPA, EEO, ADA).
● Ensures that the company is the industry leader in custom harvesting & packing, and on the cutting edge of innovation, products and technology while not adversely affecting volume and profitability.
● Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
o Leadership by serving and being the example
● Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
● Proven track record of increased responsibility in a agricultural production department.
● Energetic, knowledgeable, and respectful management style.
● Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
● Knowledge and proficiency in Google Apps and other word and spreadsheet programs.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to exercise independent professional judgment.
● This role will require travel to the company's areas of operations up to and including overnight travel as needed (travel 50% of the time).
● Bilingual in Spanish required
● Experience: 5+ years of overall combined agricultural production experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. Spend long periods of time driving and in and out of vehicle The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Extensive walking in farms is required The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.