Title: Warehouse Manager
Location: Gonzales, California
Reports to: Inventory & Customer Service Manager
Deadline to Apply: All resumes will be considered as received and position will be filled once the hiring manager determines that a candidate meets the qualifications for this positon.
3 Star Lettuce, LLC, is a conventional and certified organic lettuce seed company that specializes in developing, producing, and marketing quality lettuce varieties. We carry all types of lettuce seed including Iceberg, Romaine, Mix Leaf, Springmix, and Specialty Lettuces. Our primary seed production is located in the San Joaquin Valley where we produce both conventional and organic seed. Our headquarters are located in Gonzales, California, and we have a warehouse and sales office in Yuma, Arizona.
Research & Development is an integral component at 3 Star Lettuce. Our R&D program is active in all major growing areas, and conducts studies in the field according to the specific growing areas where the varieties are being developed.
Our mission is to provide quality, service, and innovation by employees with attitude, ownership and accountability.
The primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages and directs personnel in the warehouse/mill in all Company. facilities Maintains all aspects of warehouse facility maintenance in all Company locations.
- Coordinates outgoing/incoming freight shipments.
- Provides packaging instructions to warehouse team.
- Receives and coordinates all outgoing/incoming seed from production areas.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory of warehouse packaging materials.
- Responsible for processing sample requests, maintaining, and pulling sample inventory to ensure it meets Company quality standards.
- Coordinates Q&A reports & posting.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with customers, team members that reflect a reputation for professional communications, service, trust, integrity, reliability, attention to detail and urgency.
- Works effectively and collaborates as a team member and promotes a positive Company image.
- Assists in analyzing seed inventory lots to meet Company standards.Assists in maintaining adequate seed inventory levels by performing physical inventory counts, based on sales forecasts.
- Provides customer service support for both domestic and international customers.
- Assist in processing customer orders and deliveries in a timely and efficient manner that meet all the quality requirements as set forth by the Company.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- This job supervises warehouse/mill team members in all Company facilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Training and/or Experience
- Knowledge of seed inventory is desired.
Language & Communication Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to communicate effectively in all circumstances, ncluding over the phone, email and in person.
- Must have excellent written, verbal interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate and work with everyone, from the field, warehouse, to customers, team-members, and management.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, team members, and managers.
- Must have the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations and determine which option is the best suitable and profitable given the circumstances at hand. Able to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word and Excel) and Internet software.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must understand overall Company priorities and work in a collaborative way to support the highest overall Company profitability.
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude and be goal driven.
- Must work well with minimal supervision, take initiative, and be a self-starter.
- Must have reliable, predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment, have excellent communication and organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- This position requires the ability to work well under pressure, be flexible and meet Company goals and deadlines.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
This position performs the duties in the following environments: warehouse/mill; and office environments, which are subject to hot and cold temperatures and a wide variance of noise. In this position, the employee will sit at a desk and operate a computer, and keyboard; hear; talk; stand; walk; have visual acuity to review and prepare written documentation; have the ability to understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and have manual dexterity to operate a telephone and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
This position requires the employee to lift up to 50 lbs. horizontally and vertically, bend, stoop, stand, twist, and reach. This position may require working outside of normal business hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.