Company: Papa John’s Salads & Produce
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Procedure Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports to: VP of Operations
About the Role
The Maintenance Manager ensures the delivery of plant maintenance and engineering services. This person provides leadership and direction in assessing, determining and executing facility capital expenditures and maintenance enhancement needs with significant focus on improving productivity, minimizing labor & overhead costs, as well as minimizing product, ingredient and packaging waste while assuring highest levels of employee and food safety, quality, sanitation and regulatory compliance.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures mechanical and electrical expertise is available to production and other departments to maintain production systems, utilities, building and grounds in a 24-hour, 7-days per week operation.
- Collaborates with plant and senior management to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure.
- Designs, specifies and commissions capital projects which deliver project scope, on-time and on-budget, meeting agreed to stakeholder expectations.
- Develops, reports and analyzes key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create and implement corrective actions.
- Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Shares best practices within the Maintenance Department.
- Promotes a safe and environmentally sound workplace that complies with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments and other plant facilities within the Company.
- Ensures compliance with all procedures internal to Taylor Farms and from national suppliers.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager, including planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Auto CAD.
- Experience managing capital projects.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Employee Safety, and Workers Compensation experience preferred.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader, with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.