Company: Papa John’s Salads & Produce
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Procedure Title: Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety
Reports To: President
About the Role
The Director of Quality Assurance & Food Safety will be responsible for the coordination and management of all business activity associated with the safe manufacture of the company’s products and oversee all quality management systems, policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Deliver all Food Safety and Quality KPIs and budgets to target.
- Drive a Food Safety & Quality first culture within the business
- Drive quality efficient projects to deliver cost base improvements
- Ensure compliance to all relevant food safety and quality standards with in the business.
- Identify training and development needs for staff
- Promote a Continuous Improvement culture, encouraging an open and engaged culture towards food safety and quality
- Have Quality and Hygiene departments reporting into you.
- Have overall accountability for all aspects of quality performance, health, safety, environment and people impact with in the business.
- Work collaboratively with all associates to improve all key matrix of the business.
- Consistently identify opportunities to improve food safety & quality with cost efficiency.
- Create an environment conducive to personal development to ensure a robust succession pool.
- will highlight areas of underperformance and risks to the business and take mitigating action to correct.
- Customer contact for quality matters including site visits, complaints, customer KPI, audits etc.
- The role will be accountable for cost management of all expenditure and budgetary control associated with support the Quality teams.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a food/quality management position
- Minimum 5 years previous foodservice/retail manufacturing experience.
- Ability to demonstrate effective decision making skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Strong leadership skills
- Degree in qualified in a food science discipline
- HARPC Certification
- SQF Practitioner
- FSMA PCQI qualified.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.