Job title: Sales Assistant/Customer Service
(part-time, 30 hours per week, hourly position; potential for full-time position, this position needs to be filled ASAP)
Reports to: Operations Manager, Benary+
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Sales Assistant/Customer Service will provide daily support to the Operations Manager and the Sales team. The Sales Assistant, with customer service as a priority, acts as first point of contact for the customer and resolves any problems or concerns with customer orders and shipments. The Sales Assistant projects a positive and professional image at all times, assisting customers promptly and conducting all business in a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable manner. The Sales Assistant will actively close sales, provide exceptional customer service, and become an intricate component of our progressive team environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities.
Essential tasks, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide outstanding customer service. Respond to customer inquiries facilitated by sales, including screening and directing phone calls, and providing turnaround as soon as possible with response the same day.
- Develop and maintain a positive client relationship by providing routine follow-up customer service calls, and develop knowledge about each customer’s business requirements.
- Document customer order information into theOrder Software Systems
- Document and escalate any customer service issues, scheduling concerns, same day order issues and/or shipping/receiving errors.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with those on your team, as well as cross functionally; participate in team meetings to improve productivity, resolve customer service issues and manage workload of team.
- Interface with customers and sales representatives to handle both pre-sales and post-sales service functions.
- Monitor product order shipment to ensure on-time delivery to customers, and alert customers on shipping and flow issues in advance.
- Maintain competent understanding of company’s products, their functions and alternatives.
- Maintain database of customer sales orders, communicate service & order reports on daily basis.
- Follow up with customers credit applications by contacting their references and making sure the credit applications get approved in a timely manner
- Mail catalogs, brochures and promos requests by the Sales & Marketing team.
- Performs clerical tasks, such as preparing letters, memoranda, invoices and other indexed documents according to an established system.
- Maintaining department database records and serving as a liaison between traveling sales representatives and staff based in the home office. This includes creating or updating reports and presentation files.
- Prepare meeting materials.
- Help Sales & Marketing team with other projects as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional interpersonal and customers service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, other sales staff, management and vendors from different backgrounds on a daily basis.
- Proficiency in operating modern office tools and software (Microsoft Office, Internet research) and troubleshooting minor technical problems.
- Availability to work extended hours during peak season.
- Must be proactive, able to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to efficiently organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Spanish language is a plus.
- Horticulture experience is a plus.
- Accounting knowledge is a plus.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Vacation & Sick leave
- Holiday Pay
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Light to moderate lifting (up to 10 pounds).
- Operating a computer, calculator and copier involving repetitive hand movement.
- Entering data by touch and responding to computer alarms for errors.
Must be able to multi-task and able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to work well under stress and communicate effectively with other managers and staff. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or re-assign duties and responsibilities to this job any time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
Please contact Leandro Mano for more information or to apply: Lmano@benaryplus.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.