Employee Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT:
- Prepare P.O.s for product sourcing.
- Coordinate logistics to ensure appropriate shipping and cold chain management; maximize freight per truck while separating orders based on refrigeration needs, potential for product interactions, etc.
- Manage communications and information flow among suppliers, distributors and other Pro*Act departments.
- Monitor and track contract commitments related to assigned distributor accounts.
- Network/collaborate with internal team and distributor procurement and sales teams to grow business.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Leverage our sales revenue.
- Allocate and assign contracts to appropriate suppliers.
- Add pallets, temperature recorders, temperature fees, etc., as necessary.
- Dispatch orders/P.O.’s to distributors and/or logistics personnel.
- Communicate P.O. changes to suppliers and/or distributors, as appropriate.
- Follow up with assigned delinquent suppliers to ensure fulfillment; communicate with all relevant departments regarding delays.
- Process Procurement and/or Accounts Payable “troubles": Communicate with Product Manager, supplier, distributor and/or inspector, as needed; follow up to a successful outcome using the Workflow (DMS) process.
- Visit distributors, attend industry events and/or participate in Pro*Act’s annual sales and procurement conferences.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (+) years of produce industry experience; account management experience a plus
- High level of proficiency in Windows-based software programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to Detail (Observant)
- Creative Thinking
- Negotiation Skills
- Customer Focus
- Project Management Skills
- Analytical Thinking (Strategic Thinking)
- Communication Skills (Listening, Speaking)
- Problem Solving
- PC Skills - Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT /WORKING CONDITIONS
- Weekend hours and occasional out-of-town travel
- Growth in accounts (sales volume per customer) and customer satisfaction, based on available metrics
- Cost (to company) of preventable procurement errors
- Successful completion of goals and special projects, as assigned
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan Employer Match
- Wellness Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.