Us: We’re a well-established Produce Brokerage Company whose roots in the industry go back over 100 years. We have a 500M XXXX B credit rating to go along with a great name in the industry. With offices across the country (WA, GA, IL, NJ, PA, GA, TX) we have been able to use both prior and new growing relationships to help source fresh product to customers all over the country. We are in growth mode and have the base to fully support it but want to do it with the right people.
You: An experienced Produce Broker, with your own book of business, looking to take your career to the next level? Not happy with your current split or the corporate protocols? Apply here to have a completely confidential discussion.
Why Us? At National Produce Distributors, you will be part of the team; a team that has a proven track record of success. We have invaluable years of experience and relationships at our disposal that will immediately will be at yours. This is a remote office location offering flexibility with accountability. You will never be on an island by yourself as you will be connected in to our network and will be communicating with people in it on a daily basis. You will be given independence to work your way, and support, support, support. As a built in bonus, you will have the opportunity to possibly buy for our wholesale division (in house business that not many brokerage firms offer).
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in brokering and/or sales, including handling procurement from growers, management of logistics and an established book of business. We want someone who is eager, organized, results oriented, and looking for a long term home. In return we offer a very competitive salary and commission package.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain current customer base.
- Cold calling and developing new customers.
- Grow sales and placement in both new and existing accounts.
- Provide input as to relevant market information, strategies, visions and goals.
- Assist in AR management when necessary
- Existing book of business.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Team oriented.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Effective negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Excellent follow-through skills.
- PACA Knowledge would be a plus, but not mandatory.
We know that every person in our company plays a key role in our success, and we look forward to hearing from qualified candidates who would like to be a part of something special. Your success is our success.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.