Logistics Sales/Transportation Broker
Are you a hard charging logistics professional looking for a change? Tired of just earning “average” commissions? Do you have an active book of business and the desire to expand it? Are you looking for the challenge of maintaining your current book of business, soliciting new customers, and handling some inhouse logistic needs? Do you enjoy being responsible for your own success?
Then we should talk.
With offices stretching from the great Southwest to our home offices in Scranton, PA, Cherokee Trucking is looking to grow. We have several current direct affiliations in both the wholesale and brokerage sectors which can and will generate inhouse business for you along with your current book of business, and the new accounts you’ll cultivate. And we pay above industry average commissions.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Develop new business; generate leads through your existing book and networking activities.
- Coordinate shipments with produce wholesales and produce brokers-scheduling, dispatch, shipping and receiving.
- Meet gross profit targets.
- Negotiate rates between customers and carriers, and handle any conflicts
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all sales, vendors, and customers.
- Manage multiple puck-ups and deliveries.
- Effectively communicate service expectations to carriers.
- 3-5 years truck broker experience with an established book of business (Produce industry clients preferred).
- Bachelor Degree in Business, or equivalent work experience.
- Prior produce experience, preferred.
- Prior logistics experience and knowledge, preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Must be detail oriented and able to muti-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and communication skills (oral and written
- Comprehensive understanding of market conditions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.